Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Thu 12 Dec 2019, 12:45
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Cutting edge
tiny_puduan_ascii-PreAlpha11.5 (made via a woof-next fork)
Moderators: Flash, Ian, JohnMurga
Page 6 of 6 [82 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
s243a

PostPosted: Sun 06 Oct 2019, 21:26    Post subject:
Subject description: Remasterpup2 test

darry19662018 wrote:
Made an iso that includes GNUIcecat and GNUIceweasel-uxp, Deadbeef 1.80, static mplayer, mtpaint, flcalc and xarchiver from tinycore, parchive, pupcontrolpanel, pfind, peasypdf, mupdf, epdfview (older version less deps), firewall.ng, ......

https://archive.org/download/tiny_puduanasciiprealpha11.5darry1966iceweasel/tiny_puduanasciiPreAlpha11.5%28darry1966%29%28iceweasel%29.iso

Did this to test remasterpup2 which worked.Smile

I"m glad it is working for you Smile. I've added info about your remaster to the first post. The formatting of my first post is a bit ugly at this point Sad

I haven't done my own remaster for this release because I've been experimenting a lot with the package manager .

On another note, I've also added peasydiff to the version that I'm using daily (personal use, not published). I find it peasydiff quite useful. For anyone else that wants to add peasydiff to a fresh iso, It requires gtkdialog3.

s243a

PostPosted: Wed 16 Oct 2019, 15:04    Post subject:  

I found a bug where pkg thinks a url doesn't exist when it does. The error is is related to how pkg uses the output of wget -S --spider

I reported the issue here:
https://gitlab.com/sc0ttj/Pkg/issues/69

The following code:
Code:

# exit if URL is not found (if we get a 404 back)
            if [ -z "$DOWNLOAD_URL" -o "`wget -S --spider "$DOWNLOAD_URL" 2>&1 | grep -m1 'HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found'`" != '' ]; then
              error "Package URL not found   $DOWNLOAD_URL"
              return 8
            fi

** Around line 4455 (on my fork) of /usr/sbin/pkg

should be replaced with:
Code:

# exit if URL is not found (if we get a 404 back)
            if [ -z "$DOWNLOAD_URL" ]; then
              return 8
            else
              wget -S --spider "$DOWNLOAD_URL" || { \
                return 8             
           }
            fi

https://github.com/s243a/woof-CE/blob/0ab77c87966d3b9c029115c7c89f79fbb5f3fc8f/woof-code/rootfs-packages/PKG/usr/sbin/pkg#L4455

Without the above fix this error could prevent some packages from being installed.

Updated in 0ab77c87966d3b9c029115c7c89f79fbb5f3fc8f

s243a

PostPosted: Tue 29 Oct 2019, 22:44    Post subject:  

I noticed that when I do ifconfig I don't see the loop back device. Perhaps this is why I'm having trouble doing port forwarding with ssh.

Also if I do "ifconfig -a" I see the loop back device doesn't have an IP address assigned.

Edit:

In puppy linux the loopback device is configured at:
Code:

ifconfig lo 127.0.0.1
route add -net 127.0.0.0 netmask 255.0.0.0 lo

woof-code/rootfs-skeleton/etc/rc.d/rc.network_basic#L4

I'll look into the tiny way to integrate this into tiny_purduan. Anway, after doing the above two commands, I was able to get ssh port forwarding to work Smile.

s243a

PostPosted: Tue 26 Nov 2019, 03:45    Post subject:  

I noticed that one can't edit programs on an ntfs partition without ntfs-3g. See thread:

https://askubuntu.com/questions/70281/why-does-my-ntfs-partition-mount-as-read-only

Hopefully, I'll remember to add this in a future release. Perhaps I need some kind of checklist.

I noticed this because I was editing my boot menu file to include josejp2424's dpup buster because I need a more official version of pkg to test some of my changes, so that some of them might get incorporated into sc0ttman's package manager (i.e. pkg)

The changes that I want to contributed is to use awk for the --repo-update and to add signature checking for package metadata. See:

- ppa2pup alternative approaches - issues/73#note_250343273
- Validating Package Archives and Metadata
- Using gpg/pgp signatures in Package Managers

Future, version of tiny_puduan will include these modification, regardless of whether or not they make it into the official version of pkg.

sc0ttman

PostPosted: Tue 26 Nov 2019, 19:29    Post subject:  

Quote:
The changes that I want to contributed is to use awk for the --repo-update and to add signature checking for package metadata

Just a heads up...

I am very keen to make sure Pkg remains "noarch", and has as few dependencies as possible. Any "binary" deps should be busybox only, or optional.

I am also looking to remove and clean up the code a bit before adding more stuff..

But, I am happy to see your changes in some PRs - especially if we can keep any extra dependencies as optional - i.e., if GPG not installed (for example), use my old shell code..

And as I mentioned before, using deb2pup binary (if available) is something I want to do... but I don't want to remove my (slow) ppa2pup shell code, cos it is a nice "noarch" fallback, with zero deps.

s243a

PostPosted: Thu 28 Nov 2019, 02:07    Post subject:  

sc0ttman wrote:
Quote:
The changes that I want to contributed is to use awk for the --repo-update and to add signature checking for package metadata

Just a heads up...

I am very keen to make sure Pkg remains "noarch", and has as few dependencies as possible. Any "binary" deps should be busybox only, or optional.

I am also looking to remove and clean up the code a bit before adding more stuff..

But, I am happy to see your changes in some PRs - especially if we can keep any extra dependencies as optional - i.e., if GPG not installed (for example), use my old shell code..

And as I mentioned before, using deb2pup binary (if available) is something I want to do... but I don't want to remove my (slow) ppa2pup shell code, cos it is a nice "noarch" fallback, with zero deps.

As your requested I kept the old version of ppa2pup:

https://gitlab.com/sc0ttj/Pkg/merge_requests/4

This doesn't include all my awk related changes because I was trying to limit the scope of the commit, but it does touch on other issues for reasons of robustness.

P.S. You should be able to add further commits to the merge request prior to merging if you like but I don't think that code has to be perfect especially if one isn't doing a release snapshot.

sc0ttman

PostPosted: Sun 01 Dec 2019, 17:30    Post subject:  

A few questions about the new download_pet_repo script:

https://gitlab.com/sc0ttj/Pkg/issues/15#note_252879904

Page 6 of 6 [82 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Cutting edge
Jump to: