(OLD) (ARCHIVED) Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index (OLD) (ARCHIVED) Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

This forum can also be accessed as http://oldforum.puppylinux.com
It is now read-only and serves only as archives.

Please register over the NEW forum
https://forum.puppylinux.com
and continue your work there. Thank you.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups    
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Wed 23 Sep 2020, 11:29
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Taking the Puppy out for a walk » Announcements
Linux-magazine review of Puppy 20 Aug 2019
Moderators: Flash, Ian, JohnMurga
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topic :: View next topic
Page 2 of 2 [18 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2
666philb

PostPosted: Sat 24 Aug 2019, 10:05    Post subject:  

666philb wrote:
tallboy wrote:
666philb wrote:
hi tallboy,
i believe bionicpup64 can still save back to a cd or dvd.
i'll test

OK, you're welcome to do that, but I have wasted a lot of time to setup Puppys, only to be met by a final sentence during the savesession-dvd script, saying:
Quote:
Have saved session to live-CD (unless it has not, which is an error).
At that point, there is no reaction from any keyboard input that can make you continue the session, so it simply quits! You just wait and see... Confused

worked fine on my CD-RW .. Saved to CD without error, then booted and loaded the save off the CD

i've just been looking through bionicpup64s bugfixes and this was fixed on 05/03/2019 after a bug report from you Smile

https://github.com/puppylinux-woof-CE/woof-CE/issues/1365

bigpup

PostPosted: Sat 24 Aug 2019, 14:51    Post subject:  

bigpup wrote:
About Distrowatch.
A developer, of any version of any Linux OS, has to be willing to submit their OS, to Distrowatch, to have it show up there.
They have to submit it! Shocked

wiak wrote:
This is a fair point. Distrowatch didn't start out that way though or what were they watching?

Distrowatch has two options for submitting a Linux OS.
If you give them some money. They will post it quickly!
If you do not give them money.
They will put it into a waiting list.

Quote:
If all this sounds depressing, there is some good news for those developers who absolutely and desperately want to have their distribution listed on DistroWatch today. All you need to do is to buy an advertising banner and your distro will be listed straight away.

Quote:
We receive an average two to four distro submissions each week and we don't have the time and resources to add every one of them to the database straight away. Hence the reason for this waiting list.

The waiting list is divided into four categories to reduce the effort required to keep track of each project's status and progress. These categories are roughly defined as follows: The first group consists of projects waiting for evaluation, to either be added to our database or placed into another category. The second group includes projects we have not managed to get running or that appear to be missing a component or documentation. The third group features a locale, language, or legal barrier, such as a hardwired keyboard layout, trademark, or copyright conflicts or has a website that has not been translated into a language we can read fluently. The final category includes distributions which likely can be added to the database, but we are waiting for a new release from the project to confirm it is still under active development. Once a new release is published we will re-evaluate.

Projects which receive the most Recommend votes and have been on our waiting list for a year will usually be evaluated first. Projects which have not been updated in over two years will be removed from the list.

tallboy

PostPosted: Sat 24 Aug 2019, 16:56    Post subject:  

666philb wrote:
i've just been looking through bionicpup64s bugfixes and this was fixed on 05/03/2019 after a bug report from you

Thank you very much, I was unaware of that! Very Happy

Page 2 of 2 [18 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Taking the Puppy out for a walk » Announcements
Jump to: