Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Sat 18 Jan 2020, 16:51
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » House Training » Beginners Help ( Start Here)
Can Puppy make a MAME box of a Mac mini?
Moderators: Flash, Ian, JohnMurga
Page 1 of 1 [2 Posts]  
tailsthefox2020

PostPosted: Sat 19 Oct 2019, 21:59    Post subject:  Can Puppy make a MAME box of a Mac mini?  

When the new Arm-based MACs come-out i would love to reuse this existing Intel-based MAC Mini i'm using now as MAME Box, a Media Center, and a asterisk box. Has anyone tried using the Arcade version for media and PDX phone system as well? Since there's no way I would want to use a power house Linux like Ubuntu just for MAME.
-TDRR-

PostPosted: Mon 21 Oct 2019, 01:27    Post subject: Re: Can Puppy make a MAME box of a Mac mini?  

Have you tried looking into Puppy Arcade? It's a Puppy that's focused on retro gaming and includes various emulators.

Though, unfortunately, the main download link is down. But you can try this mirror link, it might be a little slow so be patient. It's also not the latest version (That one appears to be lost to time) but it's almost identical i think.

Here's a version that might work better for older hardware (link!), not sure if this is the one you should get for your Mac but try both.

I doubt a Mac is going to need this but here's a version for even older hardware (link!) but most likely you will be fine with one of the above two.

I'm not 100% sure if these can install to a Mac but there's no harm at all in trying booting from USB. If you need more help then feel free to ask.
Page 1 of 1 [2 Posts]  
 Forum index » House Training » Beginners Help ( Start Here)
Jump to: