Openlp won't run

Booting, installing, newbie
memo

Openlp won't run

#1 Post by memo »

Hi all,

I have tried to install openlp but unfortunately it doesn't work although it does appear in the menu entry. Th terminal indicates that the problem is that the directory of python3 is not found. so I linked python3.5 and rename it as python3 and this problem disappeared. However, the app didnot start and indicates that a sip package is missing, so I installed python3-sip and the app started for some startup config then nothing happened. when i try to relaunch a window appeared and it says it is already running and when I specify to run anyway it gives segmentation fault.

I hope you guys can help me fixing this problem

Edit: I am on Xenila puppy 32 bit non pae
Last edited by memo on Wed 13 Nov 2019, 19:47, edited 1 time in total.

perdido

Re: Apps are not working (Openlp)

#2 Post by perdido »

memo wrote:Hi all,

I have tried to install openlp but unfortunately it doesn't work although it does appeared in the menu entry. Th terminal indicates that the problem is that the directory of python3 is not found. so I linked python3.5 and rename it as python3 and this problem disappeared. However, the app didnot start and indicates that a sip package is missing, so I installed python3-sip and the app started for some startup config then nothing happened. when i try to relaunch a window appeared and it says it is already running and when I specify to run anyway it gives segmentation fault.

I hope you can tell us which exact puppy linux version you are using. :?
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=90471

:/

memo

Re: Apps are not working (Openlp)

#3 Post by memo »

perdido wrote:
memo wrote:Hi all,

I have tried to install openlp but unfortunately it doesn't work although it does appeared in the menu entry. Th terminal indicates that the problem is that the directory of python3 is not found. so I linked python3.5 and rename it as python3 and this problem disappeared. However, the app didnot start and indicates that a sip package is missing, so I installed python3-sip and the app started for some startup config then nothing happened. when i try to relaunch a window appeared and it says it is already running and when I specify to run anyway it gives segmentation fault.

I hope you can tell us which exact puppy linux version you are using. :?
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=90471

:/
Thanks; have edited it

mikeslr

#4 Post by mikeslr »

Ditto what perdido posted. I also suggest you advise about how you installed each component of Openlp, python, sip specifying the packages and where you obtained them.

Lastly, the following would especially help us, help you.

Figure out how to start Openlp from the terminal. If it has a menu entry, there will likely be in /usr/share/applications a desktop file with a name like openlp. Open it in a text-editor. The argument following Exec= is probably the command you need.

Open a terminal and type that command using this code:

command echo >/root/command.txt. ... Substitute the actual command.

What that will do is create a txt file at /root. The text file will have 'echoed' the terminal print-out showing what went wrong. Add '.gz' to the file's name and attach it to your post. The Forum doesn't allow the attachment of txt files. [When you go to post, you'll find in blue, under the phrase "Add an Attachment" the phase "Allowed Extensions and Sizes". Clicking it will reveal which file endings are permitted]. In the File Comment Section note that it is a "fake" gz to be removed.

I wish you luck. From personal experience I'm pretty certain the the Snake in the Garden was a python. In the ancient version of the Jewish religion, Satan wasn't the Fallen Angel Lucifer; merely a 'tester'. Where python is involved, I have already been tested and found wanting. :)

memo

#5 Post by memo »

mikeslr wrote:Ditto what perdido posted. I also suggest you advise about how you installed each component of Openlp, python, sip specifying the packages and where you obtained them.

Lastly, the following would especially help us, help you.

Figure out how to start Openlp from the terminal. If it has a menu entry, there will likely be in /usr/share/applications a desktop file with a name like openlp. Open it in a text-editor. The argument following Exec= is probably the command you need.

Open a terminal and type that command using this code:

command echo >/root/command.txt. ... Substitute the actual command.

What that will do is create a txt file at /root. The text file will have 'echoed' the terminal print-out showing what went wrong. Add '.gz' to the file's name and attach it to your post. The Forum doesn't allow the attachment of txt files. [When you go to post, you'll find in blue, under the phrase "Add an Attachment" the phase "Allowed Extensions and Sizes". Clicking it will reveal which file endings are permitted]. In the File Comment Section note that it is a "fake" gz to be removed.

I wish you luck. From personal experience I'm pretty certain the the Snake in the Garden was a python. In the ancient version of the Jewish religion, Satan wasn't the Fallen Angel Lucifer; merely a 'tester'. Where python is involved, I have already been tested and found wanting. :)
can I just take a screenshot form the terminal or it needs to be in the text file?

memo

#6 Post by memo »

I have tried the command line you have provided but unfortunately it produced an empty text file. I have made a screenshot and I hope it would help.

first it deleted the provided python link and attached the existing link of python 3,5. and renamed the link puthon 3, this seemed to solve the problem but then it asked for sip, so I installed the python3 sip from the ppm, then it produces the segmentation error.
Attachments
Screenshot_2019-11-20_00-47-28.png
(43.43 KiB) Downloaded 27 times