Connecting Puppy by Huawei E3272 dongle

Problems and successes with specific brands/models of networking hardware.
gipsydog

Connecting Puppy by Huawei E3272 dongle

#1 Post by gipsydog »

Hi, I'm very noob and I'm trying to use Bionic Puppy live on my old Acer TM laptop. I'd like to surf the web using my 4G Huawei E3272 usb key when I run puppy live and I'm here to ask your help. I saw there's here a similar thread about Huawei E3372 but 1) mine has a different chip and 2) I'm so noob I need your help step-by-step anyway :)
When I ran terminal and give "lsusb" command I get this about my dongle

Code: Select all

Bus 001 Device 005: ID 12d1:14db Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd. E353/E3131
I don't know if it's important or not but note that 1) mine is the 4G E3272 while E3131 is a 3G and 2) E3131 has only SIM slot while mine has a 2nd slot for memory card.
I tried to open "internet connection wizard" but I didn't understand what&how to do. Consider that I've to set only APN for my ISP, I mean no password, no user name, no phone number.
Said that, can you help me please?

zagreb999

#2 Post by zagreb999 »

tray this.
network manager
for wifi
http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic. ... db5471a22f

gipsydog

#3 Post by gipsydog »

I've just tried your euclid5 in a live session and for first I opened the terminal to see the output of "lsusb" and there wasn't any huawei device listed while in biopuppy live sessions I had tried before it had been always listed.
Then I opened firefox and typed 192.168.1.1 address and Hilink Huawei configuration page opened at its home. I could see my carrier name and the other usual tabs, such as "settings", "sms" and so on, so I tried to click to settings entry but I got the FF error page due to the fact FF was not connected.

So I looked for "network manager" in applications and found "network connections" and "modem manager gui" so I guessed you refered to the first one if I'm not wrong. I opened network connections and saw there was a default "mobile broadband" entry: "t-mobile". So I opened that tab and edited only APN and saved but I had no success because my huawei couln't connect and FF gave me the same bad connection result.

How to solve?