Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Sat 18 Jan 2020, 15:55
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » House Training » Beginners Help ( Start Here)
Many questions (save file, Wine, Redshift, formatting)
Moderators: Flash, Ian, JohnMurga
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topic :: View next topic
Page 1 of 1 [2 Posts]  
memo

PostPosted: Sun 24 Nov 2019, 08:29    Post subject:  Many questions (save file, Wine, Redshift, formatting)
Subject description: Also, printing

Hi all,

first a back story: I have installed puppy xenilla 32 bit, created some links to some folder to keep the boot fast and the save file small ( ex .cash , download ...) . Now I have some questions for things that I need to make life little easier;

*I created some links to the executable file to the desktop by dragging the script from the related folder to the desk top. later on if the needed to make a new puppy and loaded the original puppy to the pin drive plus the save file that I backed from before all these link are lost and I need to do them once more. I thought such connecting and configuration are saved the save file but it was not the case. This is also the situation for the relative links I made between folder to keep the boot fast and the save file slim.

** I installed wine portable 3.3 from the forum and everythig worked nice and smooth, but again if I made the puppy + savefile+ wine folder. it does not seems to work anymore and I had to delete it and make a new one

*** I tried to put redshift portable version ( downloaded from the forum and it works) to run automatically with log in by moving the file( it is only on file) to the autostart folder, but it does not work. I tested other apps as well and it does not for them either. where did i miss and how can I make it work

**** How can I add for instance redshift portable version or any app ( one file) to the menu. How to change the menu entries to another category, cause the icons of some apps i the menu are stated in strange categories and i want to change that.

***** I there is any other formatting tool in puppy xenilla 32 bit works with right click format style for the flash drivers and partitions?

****** How to open and read the content of and Iso file? how to add a virtual dvd ( like daemon tool lite) where i can load an iso to and the machine sees it as an actual dvd drive.

******* is there is any tool to make printer work ( plug and play style) without manual interference - ( not that important for the time being I have also found some manual installation tutorials , still need to implement and test them)

I am looking forward to your answer!
Flash
Official Dog Handler

PostPosted: Sun 24 Nov 2019, 10:14    Post subject:  

Memo, please start a new thread for each of the questions you've asked. Otherwise this thread will get hopelessly mixed up which makes it useless for everyone but you. Thanks Smile
Page 1 of 1 [2 Posts]  
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » House Training » Beginners Help ( Start Here)
Jump to: