(OLD) (ARCHIVED) Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index (OLD) (ARCHIVED) Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

This forum can also be accessed as http://oldforum.puppylinux.com
It is now read-only and serves only as archives.

Please register over the NEW forum
https://forum.puppylinux.com
and continue your work there. Thank you.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups    
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Wed 30 Sep 2020, 12:50
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Projects
Fatdog64-810 Final [17 Jan 2020]
Moderators: Flash, JohnMurga
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topic :: View next topic
Page 19 of 19 [277 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 17, 18, 19
partsman

PostPosted: Mon 15 Jun 2020, 20:14    Post subject:  

step wrote:
@partsman, some of the listed dependencies aren't available in the Fatdog package repository. So you will probably need to work a bit (or a lot) to get it working. Alternatively, several forum members have posted internet radio player scripts for Puppy and other Dogs, e.g. BusterDog, etc. I tried a few in the past, and they all seemed to work in Fatdog. I don't have specific forum post links to give you, sorry.

Hi step Very Happy
Thanks for getting back to me ! I really appreciate it Cool
Ya I figured out the depends. issue trying to compile it ! Sad Laughing Laughing

Ok well I will do some digging in the forum in my spare time.
I will see what I can find that works best for me Wink
Thanks again ! Very Happy

alexeiFD64

PostPosted: Wed 17 Jun 2020, 17:02    Post subject: Some problems with FatDog 810  

I have serveral problems with FatDog 810:
1. SHift+Insert doesn't work - should be the same, as Ctrl+V. In general, how to add/redefine keyboard shortcuts? I could find configuration file in FD 640 (it was a whille ago), where is it in FD 810?
2. If I configure Panel to "black on white",but it shows active window black on black. Inactive windows are OK.
3. How to cofigure Menu to black on white?
4. I could not setup desktop icons to run on double-click. RoxFilter setting does not control it (as I remember, it did in FD 640).
5. How to owerride DHCP mask? I want to replace 255.255.255.0 with 255.255.0.0 in FD permanently.

Suggestion: it would be nice if user could access corresponding configuration file from Control Panel when GUI options are not enough.
dr. Dan

PostPosted: Thu 18 Jun 2020, 00:05    Post subject:  

@alexeiFD64: I'll try to assist where I can.

1. Shift+Insert works on both 810 and 802 for me. I don't know why it doesn't for you, but if you right-click on the Sven tray icon you can add or adjust many keyboard shortcuts.

2. In Control Panel-> Desktop-> LxQT-Panel Theme Switcher you can choose another theme, which affects the look of the panel significantly, including the color of the active window background. If you want additional options, there are themes online, such as this: https://store.kde.org/p/1388153/
or this:
https://store.kde.org/p/1241820/
I have made my own theme, and would assist you with your own customizations if you pm me.

3. Same as #2. Creating a theme is not too difficult.

4. Right click a desktop icon, select ROX-Filer-> Options, then in the window select Pinboard, and uncheck the 'Single-click to open' box.

I can't help you with #5, but one of the developers or other knowledgeable people should help you out soon enough.

Additional GUIs for settings are created from time to time. Do you have any particular settings in mind?

Dan
proebler

PostPosted: Thu 18 Jun 2020, 08:24    Post subject:
Subject description: panel/menu customization

dr. Dan wrote:
.... 2. In Control Panel-> Desktop-> LxQT-Panel Theme Switcher you can choose another theme, which affects the look of the panel significantly, including the color of the active window background. If you want additional options, there are themes online, such as this: https://store.kde.org/p/1388153/
or this:
https://store.kde.org/p/1241820/
I have made my own theme, and would assist you with your own customizations if you pm me .....

Thank you for this dr.Dan.
This is just what I too have been trying to figure out; how to change the appearance of the main menu.
I downloaded the Clearlooks theme and with some adjustments to /usr/share/lxqt/themes/Clearlooks/lxqt-panel.qss my panel and menu now look as shown in the attached screenshot. The shot also shows some other utilities/windows used to achieve it.
proebler
S_Clearlooks_Lxqt_with-Mods.jpg
Description 
jpg

Download 
Filename  S_Clearlooks_Lxqt_with-Mods.jpg 
Filesize  144.7 KB 
Downloaded  91 Time(s) 
dr. Dan

PostPosted: Thu 18 Jun 2020, 11:43    Post subject:  

Thanks proebler, I'd forgotten the QT panel as an additional utility.

Dan
step

PostPosted: Thu 18 Jun 2020, 17:02    Post subject:  

@AlexeiFD64, welcome!

#1 By default shift INS and Ctrl+V do different things. Shift INS pastes from the "primary selection", while Ctrl-V pastes from the "clipboard".
The primary selection is typically used by e.g. terminals when selecting text and pasting it by clicking the middle mouse button or pressing Shift INS. So, copying takes place automatically when you select the text without any explicit copy action taking place.
Contrast that with the clipboard. To copy something to the clipboard you need to select and press Ctrl+C. To paste from it you press Ctrl+V. The clipboard works similarly to MS Windows-style clipboard operations.
Fatdog's clipboard manager, glipper, in the system tray, presents primary selection data and clipboard data together. While that can be initially confusing, it quickly becomes helpful to be able to recall all data to the Ctrl+V paste operation regardless of whether the data was initially stored in the primary selection or in the clipboard.

#2 I'm assuming that by "DHCP mask" you mean the subnet mask that is assigned to a network interface. Click the Network Tool icon in the panel and select either the Wired or Wifi tab for you active (connected) interface. Tick off the DHCP option and click the Configure Static Address button. The dialog that will open allows one to set IP address, subnet mask and a few more things. When done close the dialogs, right click the Network Tool icon and select Restart Connection. Note that you need to choose an IP address and a subnet mask compatible with your router's settings, otherwise you won't be able to access the Internet. For a home LAN the router address is usually entered in the Gateway field.

Semme

PostPosted: Sat 27 Jun 2020, 10:03    Post subject:    

Can't save Fatdog Savefile anywhere!
Page 19 of 19 [277 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 17, 18, 19
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Projects
Jump to: