Midi editors

Requests go here. If you fill a request, give it a new thread in the appropriate category and then link to it in the request thread.
kerl

Midi editors

#1 Post by kerl »

Smithy

#2 Post by Smithy »

Hi kerl, I'v tested this midi editor with an external keyboard on artful aardvark.
Pet link below:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/pta0m12jwtyvp ... 1.pet?dl=1

kerl

#3 Post by kerl »

Thanks Smithy. Midi files are silent on your Aria pet. I tried with music2go-artful and bionicpup32-8.0-uefi.
Did I need to install some other package?

mikeb

#4 Post by mikeb »

Been playing with aria. If I play using the external keyboards sound set then no problem.
You would need fluidsynth or timidity to get local playback.
It failed to pick up my fluidsynth install. I am guessing its expecting different paths or perhaps library versions.
Puppy does not have midi support as default which includes needing a soundfont pack.

mike

Smithy

#5 Post by Smithy »

Yes, to tell truth, that App is a bit rudimentary I thought, needs more effort by the author to get it acting multitimbrally for instance (There was some dialogue came up and said not implemented).
Ok for writing a few lines from an external keyboard...

You can play Midi files From Music2go Artful automatically (does it via XMPlayer), and there is a mixer to adjust levels, mute parts, change tempo etc within that programme. But no editing.
To bring the mixer up: Right Click, Options and Stuff/plugins/input/midi/config/mixer.

If I could get Qtractor to do them, then I suggest that would be much better, but it is a bit of a pain at the moment with Fluidsynth or Timidity! Ideally, it would be nice to just load a Midi file and it routes it all inc prg change sysex etc, plus the sounds of course.