Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Thu 04 Jun 2020, 01:02
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Projects
Is there interest in an Arch32 Pup???
Moderators: Flash, JohnMurga
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic
Page 13 of 14 [208 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 11, 12, 13, 14 Next
Author Message
s243a

Joined: 02 Sep 2014
Posts: 2620

PostPosted: Sun 22 Mar 2020, 02:47    Post subject:  

In the package ca-certificates-mozilla-3.51.files. I noticed these three file:

Code:

/.BUILDINFO
/.MTREE
/.PKGINFO


perhaps one of them might have some post install code. I'll look into it.

_________________
Find me on minds and on pearltrees.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website 
s243a

Joined: 02 Sep 2014
Posts: 2620

PostPosted: Sun 22 Mar 2020, 04:22    Post subject:  

I'm building now from the testing branch. I got the following error:
Code:

Xarchive post-install script
/initrd/mnt/dev_save/git_madness/archpup32/woof-CE/woof-out_arch32/sandbox3/pinstall.sh: line 580: syntax error near unexpected token `<'
/initrd/mnt/dev_save/git_madness/archpup32/woof-CE/woof-out_arch32/sandbox3/pinstall.sh: line 580: `  while read LINE SUB FILE < <(caller "$frame"); do'
+ cd /initrd/mnt/dev_save/git_madness/archpup32/woof-CE/woof-out_arch32/sandbox3/
+ for post_inst in adrv fdrv ydrv
+ '[' -d adrv ']'
+ continue
+ for post_inst in adrv fdrv ydrv
+ '[' -d fdrv ']'
+ continue
+ for post_inst in adrv fdrv ydrv
+ '[' -d ydrv ']'
+ continue
+ '[' -f /tmp/3builddistro_end_of_pinstall ']'
+ echo -n 'pinstall.sh aborted before completion. Press ENTER or CTRL-C: '
pinstall.sh aborted before completion. Press ENTER or CTRL-C: + read isitbad

It's not fatal and lets me continue by pressing enter, so I pressed enter and continued.

Edit: after continuing by pressing "enter" the script successfully created an ISO. I'll test it tomorrow.

Edit 2: I'm testing a fix for this. It was my mistake. I'll upload the fix once my tests pass Smile

_________________
Find me on minds and on pearltrees.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website 
rockedge


Joined: 11 Apr 2012
Posts: 1818
Location: Connecticut, United States

PostPosted: Sun 22 Mar 2020, 14:31    Post subject:  

very cool s243a,

I think we are starting to get closer to good runs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website 
s243a

Joined: 02 Sep 2014
Posts: 2620

PostPosted: Mon 23 Mar 2020, 20:16    Post subject:  

I got this at the end of my build:
Code:

build/boot/isolinux/isohybrid64 -u ../woof-output-a32pup-20.03/a32pup-20.03.iso
../support/mk_iso.sh: line 91: build/boot/isolinux/isohybrid64: No such file or directory

I'm guessing that is because I built it in Archpup20.02+10, which has a 64bit kernel and the woof-CE script mistakenly thought it was a 32bit Os. Anyway, the contents of the ISO should be okay, so I'm going to try and run it, first in a sandbox and then for real. Smile

_________________
Find me on minds and on pearltrees.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website 
rockedge


Joined: 11 Apr 2012
Posts: 1818
Location: Connecticut, United States

PostPosted: Tue 24 Mar 2020, 11:37    Post subject:  

I am about to git pull a fresh woof-CE-testing and pull the latest Arch components from the arch32 repo.

I will use the script to move the parts over to the woof-out-arch32
and then run the build........

I am going to use Bionic32+19 as the host system

Good work s243a on getting as far as a built iso!

I hope I'm close behind you!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website 
s243a

Joined: 02 Sep 2014
Posts: 2620

PostPosted: Tue 24 Mar 2020, 23:33    Post subject:  

rockedge wrote:
I am about to git pull a fresh woof-CE-testing and pull the latest Arch components from the arch32 repo.

I will use the script to move the parts over to the woof-out-arch32
and then run the build........

I am going to use Bionic32+19 as the host system

Good work s243a on getting as far as a built iso!

I hope I'm close behind you!


I hope it goes well. BTW, when I built the ISO yesterday I changed line#24 to this:
Code:

$WGET https://32.arlm.tyzoid.com/pentium4/${arepo}/${arepo}.db.tar.gz


the reason was that the mirror that Peabee had here wasn't working yesterday. Perhaps it is working today. On my todo list is to modify the script to that multiple mirrors if the first one fails.

_________________
Find me on minds and on pearltrees.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website 
s243a

Joined: 02 Sep 2014
Posts: 2620

PostPosted: Thu 26 Mar 2020, 09:25    Post subject:  

In /usr/local/petget/install_missing.sh, I added the ability to find and add missing sybolic links.

See the function link_lib() at:
https://pastebin.com/rA0z4BjM

I tested this on chromium and it successfully added the missing symbolic link for libre2.so. This function is called when you click on the install button in the check_debs_gui.sh script. I haven't yet pushed these changed to github but will do so tonight.

After I push these changes, the next step is to add a message to indicate that the symbolic link was successfully created. The "ldd" function is used to test the symbolic link for the missing lib. If the new symbolic link doesn't fix the missing lib issue than the symbolic link is removed.

_________________
Find me on minds and on pearltrees.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website 
sc0ttman


Joined: 16 Sep 2009
Posts: 2806
Location: UK

PostPosted: Thu 26 Mar 2020, 16:11    Post subject:  

s243a wrote:
In /usr/local/petget/install_missing.sh, I added the ability to find and add missing sybolic links.

See the function link_lib() at:
https://pastebin.com/rA0z4BjM

I tested this on chromium and it successfully added the missing symbolic link for libre2.so. This function is called when you click on the install button in the check_debs_gui.sh script. I haven't yet pushed these changed to github but will do so tonight.

After I push these changes, the next step is to add a message to indicate that the symbolic link was successfully created. The "ldd" function is used to test the symbolic link for the missing lib. If the new symbolic link doesn't fix the missing lib issue than the symbolic link is removed.


This is a feature I have long wanted to add to Pkg ... Would it be possible to port this into a function that works in Pkg?

- no bash arrays
- no dependencies on PPM tmp files
- etc

? .. I hope so ... seems like a very nice feature to have in a package manager...

_________________
Pkg, mdsh, Woofy, Akita, VLC-GTK, Search
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
s243a

Joined: 02 Sep 2014
Posts: 2620

PostPosted: Fri 27 Mar 2020, 00:08    Post subject:  

sc0ttman wrote:
s243a wrote:
In /usr/local/petget/install_missing.sh, I added the ability to find and add missing sybolic links.

See the function link_lib() at:
https://pastebin.com/rA0z4BjM

I tested this on chromium and it successfully added the missing symbolic link for libre2.so. This function is called when you click on the install button in the check_debs_gui.sh script. I haven't yet pushed these changed to github but will do so tonight.

After I push these changes, the next step is to add a message to indicate that the symbolic link was successfully created. The "ldd" function is used to test the symbolic link for the missing lib. If the new symbolic link doesn't fix the missing lib issue than the symbolic link is removed.


This is a feature I have long wanted to add to Pkg ... Would it be possible to port this into a function that works in Pkg?

- no bash arrays
- no dependencies on PPM tmp files
- etc

? .. I hope so ... seems like a very nice feature to have in a package manager...


I would be possible. Maybe in a month or maybe sooner if I can do it as a plugin with bash.

_________________
Find me on minds and on pearltrees.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website 
s243a

Joined: 02 Sep 2014
Posts: 2620

PostPosted: Fri 27 Mar 2020, 00:10    Post subject:  

Archlinux seems to have removed the certificates from this package:

ca-certificates 20181109-3

The docs show them as there:
https://www.archlinux.org/packages/core/any/ca-certificates/files/

but when I extract it not of the Mozilla certificates are there. Therefore I'll take the certs from debian sid and add them to my arch_certs.pet.

_________________
Find me on minds and on pearltrees.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website 
s243a

Joined: 02 Sep 2014
Posts: 2620

PostPosted: Fri 27 Mar 2020, 09:41    Post subject:  

Just as proof that I built something:
a32pup-20.03+1RC2.iso?dl=0
Some notes the following script is supposed to fix the nss cert issue (in chromium and firefox Installed via the ppm):

/var/packages/install/arch_certs-pinstall.sh

I'm still missing something here but it presumably fixes the certificate issue with the "git" command. If you do install chromium anyway (via the ppm) despite nss being broken, running the following script:
/usr/local/petget/deps_gui.sh

selecting chromium and then clicking the install button will fix the missing symlink (i.e. libre2.so). However, it might hang once it's done (maybe hang at rm -f nohup.out. This means the following script has finished:

/usr/local/petget/install_missing.sh

As an alternative to pressing the install button one can run the install_missing.sh script after closing the window for deps_gui.sh.

So in short, I haven't completely fixed the things that I want. If anyone decides to install this, then I recommend running the two scripts:

/var/packages/install/arch_certs-pinstall.sh
/usr/local/petget/0setup

prior to installing any software.

Edit 1: P.S. after installing firefox run the "ldconfig" command to fix missing dependencies for firefox. The ppm (puppy package manager) doesn't seem to automatically do this. I think I'll fix this by adding installation hooks to the ppm.

_________________
Find me on minds and on pearltrees.

Last edited by s243a on Fri 27 Mar 2020, 10:06; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website 
s243a

Joined: 02 Sep 2014
Posts: 2620

PostPosted: Fri 27 Mar 2020, 09:46    Post subject:  

s243a wrote:
Just as proof that I built something:
a32pup-20.03+1RC2.iso?dl=0
Some notes the following script is supposed to fix the nss cert issue (in chromium and firefox Installed via the ppm):

/var/packages/install/arch_certs-pinstall.sh

I'm still missing something here but it presumably fixes the certificate issue with the "git" command. If you do install chromium anyway (via the ppm) despite nss being broken, running the following script:
/usr/local/petget/deps_gui.sh

selecting chromium and then clicking the install button will fix the missing symlink (i.e. libre2.so). However, it might hang once it's done (maybe hang at rm -f nohup.out. This means the following script has finished:

/usr/local/petget/install_missing.sh

As an alternative to pressing the install button one can run the install_missing.sh script after closing the window for deps_gui.sh.

So in short, I haven't completely fixed the things that I want. If anyone decides to install this, then I recommend running the two scripts:

/var/packages/install/arch_certs-pinstall.sh
/usr/local/petget/0setup

prior to installing any software.


Related to the install button in the deps_gui.sh script, I haven't figured how to make install_missing.sh run in a seperate terminal when you click the install button like happens in puppy package manager. If anyone knows how to do this I could use some help on it. Smile

_________________
Find me on minds and on pearltrees.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website 
ally


Joined: 19 May 2012
Posts: 1981
Location: lincoln, uk

PostPosted: Fri 27 Mar 2020, 12:29    Post subject:  

mirrored:

http://archive.org/details/Puppy_Linux_Archpup32

http://archive.org/details/Puppy_Linux_Archpup64

Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website 
s243a

Joined: 02 Sep 2014
Posts: 2620

PostPosted: Sun 29 Mar 2020, 22:15    Post subject:  

peebee wrote:
OT

Arch64Pup....alpha "proof of concept"...........

http://www.smokey01.com/peebee/downloads/a64pup/

Kernel 5.5.10

Were some challenges, particularly around the fact that Arch64 has yet another lib architecture that is different to both Slackware and Debian/Ubuntu. Crying or Very sad

The non-standardisation in the 64-bit Linux world over lib architectures is the main reason I prefer to stick with 32-bit.....

Sylpheed does not work on either 32-bit or 64-bit - symbol errors suggest a new version is required.


BTW, I'm hope for build instructions related to this soon, or at least a list of things that you want to test first before providing instructions Smile

_________________
Find me on minds and on pearltrees.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website 
darry19662018

Joined: 31 Mar 2018
Posts: 731
Location: Rakaia

PostPosted: Mon 30 Mar 2020, 18:34    Post subject:  

darry19662018 wrote:
darry19662018 wrote:
rockedge wrote:
sudden problems with +10!

I have a system made with the delta +9 and a save folder. deleted everything but the save folder and replaced with +10.

on boot all goes well until the tray is being generated and suddenly geany appears with the freememapplet.desktop opened

the system freezes and I have to eventually perform a hard restart.

will now attempt a boot with no save folder present


Had the same problem with installing xine after dong that I had the same problem.


Tried installing Xine with Peebee's latest iso and this os still a bug in the latest iso from Peebee.


I have I think solved what is causing this issue when installing xine and any other app which uses this dependency it is this..
xdg-utils-1.1.3+1+g981ebb
-1.0-any.pkg.tar.z-st. Basically uninstalled each dependency and narrowed it down to this one - having uninstalled it and Archpup returned to normal. Hope this helps.

_________________
Puppy Linux Wiki: http://wikka.puppylinux.com/HomePage

https://freemedia.neocities.org/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website 
Display posts from previous:   Sort by:   
Page 13 of 14 [208 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 11, 12, 13, 14 Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Projects
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
[ Time: 0.0631s ][ Queries: 12 (0.0049s) ][ GZIP on ]