How to use Teltonika TRM250? - Internet modem through USB

What works, and doesn't, for you. Be specific, and please include Puppy version.
Anders3

How to use Teltonika TRM250? - Internet modem through USB

#1 Post by Anders3 »

I just bought a Teltonika TRM250 unit to use to connect to the internet. It's basically a mobile internet connector through USB using standard SIM cards.

The company emailed me and told me I should use AT commands to get the drivers and to initialize it. They are here:

https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/vie ... T_Commands

But I can't find the correct AT command to use to get it to function. Also I cant find any drivers from dougals network connection thing either.

Will AT commands work in the urxvt terminal emulator?

Will it work to get it working? Does anyone know what commands to use or how to get the unit goin?

rcrsn51

#2 Post by rcrsn51 »

The usual app for a device like this would be wvdial.

Run: wvdialconf

This should create a config file where you can enter your connection info.

Then run: wvdial

Do you get a message indicating that a connection was made?

Leave the terminal window open or minimized.

Launch your web browser.

rcrsn51

#3 Post by rcrsn51 »

No reply?

Anders3

#4 Post by Anders3 »

I managed to find the drivers from a manual. It was the QMI WWAN drivers. I opened the network wizard the choose Load Module, found it and the pressed load. Said it was loaded. But then it can't find any devices.

I suppose this may be what you need the AT commands for. But I don't know what AT commands to use or how to use them.

I tried entering some AT commands in the urxvt terminal emulator but just got the answer:

bash: ATI: command not found

Thankful for any ideas.

I also tried the wvdialconf command and got the answer: sorry no modem connected.

rcrsn51

#5 Post by rcrsn51 »

I don't think that this device is as simple as you would like. It does not appear to create a tty interface that a regular modem program like wvdial could use.

You need to load the kernel module qmi-wwan (which you may have already done).

But you also need the package libqmi-utils.

It provides the command line program qmicli, where you can enter commands to run the device.

Read here.