Apple's/Googles new virus-management app

For discussions about security.
ras

Apple's/Googles new virus-management app

#1 Post by ras »

https://www.apple.com/newsroom/2020/04/ ... echnology/

This app may not be effective for managing the virus if not many use it. but there are countries where the use of similar apps are mandated by the authorities for enforcing quarantines.

Are there better ways to use mobile devices to manage pandemics?
Last edited by ras on Mon 13 Apr 2020, 19:29, edited 3 times in total.
RAS

bigpup

#2 Post by bigpup »

Not to me!!!!!!!
The things they do not tell you, are usually the clue to solving the problem.
When I was a kid I wanted to be older.... This is not what I expected :shock:
YaPI(any iso installer)

perdido

#3 Post by perdido »

You are already being tracked whether you install the the app or not.
Probably just an experiment for acceptance.
The smart phone identifies you and triangulates your position exactly. Exactly like to the inch

Here is an example of what they get. What they allowed out of the bag as safe to show. From a private company.

https://twitter.com/TectonixGEO/status/ ... 7034767361

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavir ... -1.4873147

Now the 5G is being installed for facial recognition. Cameras and 5G every 100 yards. A virtual reality of real activity, not virtual reality for game playing. Not for your toaster. It is your collar and leash.

Then the satellites from SpaceX are not for "world internet".
Just more tracking. Searching for Sarah Conner

Tracking you through the walls of your home. Probably can see you whether you have a phone or not. Look at what that guy is doing in his own home.
Time to arrest him and bump his social credit score down.

Tracking the semiconductors that will be injected under your skin with the new vaccine from Bill Gates & Company. It is happening.
Bill Gates thinks you need a 25-digit registration number embedded in your body, just like windows. 5G to the rescue, follow you in real time with video.

There is much more info if you pay attention. You are already tracked. Tracking is easy now. Going to be with cameras & 5G next. Skynet is here.
------
Edit:removed the ip address display graphic by request
Click here to see a your ip
Elvis has left the building.
Last edited by perdido on Wed 15 Apr 2020, 22:18, edited 1 time in total.

ras

#4 Post by ras »

Smart phones are a fact of life for most. The virus will be soon, if not already. Contact tracing is the traditional tool for fighting communicable diseases.

Are there better or other innovative ways to use mobile devices to manage pandemics?
RAS

musher0

#5 Post by musher0 »

Hi ras and all.

A couple of things, though.

This SARS-Cov-2 virus attacks old sick people the most. Now most of these older
people don't know how to use a smart phone, except maybe as a regular phone.
Ok, suppose this old person receives an alert. Now what do they do?

Besides, supposedly this app will warn you if you've been in contact with someone who
has active COVID-19. I can't help thinking: "Oops, too late, mate, I already gave her
a hug." -- Or shook hands, or rubbed shoulders in the bus, or whatever.

What we need is an improved crystal ball :roll: that will tell you: "Hey, man, I know
you're thinking of doing your groceries at the X grocery store at 14:10 hrs. Don't go,
So-and-So who has COVID-19 will be there too at the exact same time." (To make it
clear, this paragraph is ironical.)

What I mean is mobile phones can't help much in protecting anyone. I think wearing a
home-made mask and gloves will protect you better when you have to go out.

BFN.
musher0
~~~~~~~~~~
"You want it darker? We kill the flame." (L. Cohen)

hatemonday

#6 Post by hatemonday »

Now the 5G is being installed for facial recognition. Cameras and 5G every 100 yards...

What I mean is mobile phones can't help much in protecting anyone. I think wearing a
home-made mask and gloves will protect you better when you have to go out.
Not sure if 5G mobile phones fight COVID-19 better or masks fight COVID-19 better.

Some may think (5G mobile phones PLUS masks) fight COVID-19 even better .

It might be the most brilliant idea if there were bundle sale of 5G products with ...

Mycrudesoft profited much by bundle sale Internet Explorer with Windows, Word/Excel/Powerpoint/Access as Office Suite ...
Attachments
Green.jpg
(64.59 KiB) Downloaded 235 times

ras

#7 Post by ras »

Ok, suppose this old person receives an alert. Now what do they do?
My thoughts exactly. Contact tracing is a public health tool, and with the existing technology, any information that your phone can supply to the public heath people is probably already being utilized. This doesn't worry me, as I think they would be negligent to not utilize the existing technology for contact tracing.

The app is a "feel good" thing for the user. or perhaps as Perdido points out
Probably just an experiment for acceptance.
As the pandemic approaches, the concerns are about where is it happening? and who has it? When the virus becomes more endemic, the concerns will become, have you had it yet? are you safe?

What we need is an improved crystal ball
here ya go https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... stal&hl=en
RAS

Burn_IT

#8 Post by Burn_IT »

Now most of these older
people don't know how to use a smart phone, except maybe as a regular phone.
Really??
Most of those older people can think for themselves and don't NEED a Smartphone to tell them what is what all the time.!!
"Just think of it as leaving early to avoid the rush" - T Pratchett

Fossil

#9 Post by Fossil »

@Burn_IT
Most of those older people can think for themselves and don't NEED a Smartphone to tell them what is what all the time.!!
Too true. Don't have a smart dumba$$ "Smartphone", Don't need one. Don't want one!

@perdido Have you considered for one moment YOU are also contributing to the global tracking phenomena by adding a piece of insidious web searching prac (anagram!) to the base of your post!

ras

#10 Post by ras »

Don't need one. Don't want one!
Fossil, would that change for you if you needed one to fly or travel or even go to the store?
RAS

musher0

#11 Post by musher0 »

The following remark is a bit off-topic, but...

A 5G antenna every 100 yards / meters? I didn't realize. (Thanks perdido for that info.)
The inventors must've fallen on their heads.

For a huge country such as Canada, with an average population density of 1 inhabitant
per square Km, that's completely unrealistic Not to mention it'll destroy the landscape.
Where are the Canadian environmentalists protesting this?
musher0
~~~~~~~~~~
"You want it darker? We kill the flame." (L. Cohen)

perdido

#12 Post by perdido »

Fossil wrote: @perdido Have you considered for one moment YOU are also contributing to the global tracking phenomena by adding a piece of insidious web searching prac (anagram!) to the base of your post!
@Fossil
I fail to see the point you tried to make.
Are you suggesting that the little off-site pic that displays your ip to you is any different from any other off-site element (pic or clicked on link) on murga?
If so, how? I'm all ears....

ras

#13 Post by ras »

Musher0,

I suppose much depends on which frequency band is optimum for your area.
https://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/what-is-5g/
RAS

Burn_IT

#14 Post by Burn_IT »

Are you suggesting that the little off-site pic that displays your ip to you is any different from any other off-site element (pic or clicked on link) on murga?
Most of us already know our own details and don't need patronising!
I think you spelled your last word wrong!!

perdido

#15 Post by perdido »

Burn_IT wrote:
Most of us already know our own details and don't need patronising!
I think you spelled your last word wrong!!
I won't fault you as I don't know your situation and I do hope you find your cure.

Fossil

#16 Post by Fossil »

@ras,
Fossil, would that change for you if you needed one to fly or travel or even go to the store?
No! Fly. Travel. Shopping/Store go there in person. Never required such a device. To misquote Carl Marx: 'Smartphones are the opiate of the people.' It's an optically self-indulgent narcotic. Haven't you seen individuals walking down the street oblivious of others and stepping in the way. I watched one person so totally immersed they walk out into traffic.

@perdido
Explain to me how that 'little off-site pic' works? If it gains access to my ip then it's part of a live application, is it not? Does it share... with said .com?

perdido

#17 Post by perdido »

[quote="Fossil"@perdido[/b]
Explain to me how that 'little off-site pic' works? If it gains access to my ip then it's part of a live application, is it not? Does it share... with said .com?
It gains access to nothing.You supply your ip to any page your browser loads elements from when surfing the internet. Your ip is out there everywhere you go on the internet. In the logs. You provide your ip when the graphic is requested by your browser, http://www.danasoft.com generates the jpg with the log info from that request then serves you the jpg your browser asked for. The site http://www.danasoft.com/vipersig.jpg does the same thing as http://icanhazip.com but fancier. Any site your browser loads pages/info from can tell you your ip. Nothing secret or illegal. Puppy has been using info from http://icanhazip.com that does the exact same thing to check your ip and see if you are connected to the internet.

Burn_IT

#18 Post by Burn_IT »

Think about it at a very basic level.

All it is doing is showing the address to which the screen you are looking at is being sent.

The only time that is likely to be a problem is if you had a permanent IP address and it was shown to everybody, but being as it is dynamically resolved and not hard coded that does not apply.

ras

#19 Post by ras »

Does it share... with said .com?
excerpts from http://www.danasoft.com/privacy.php
Signature Graphic: Some users on Internet web sites link to our signature graphic.

Server Log Information: When you visit an Internet Web site, you disclose certain information about yourself, such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address, the time of your visit, and the referring location (e.g., the Site or page that offered a link to a DanaSoft.com page). DanaSoft.com, like many other sites, records this basic information about visits to its site.

Web Server Logs: This information helps us identify which areas of our site are of interest to our visitors. DanaSoft.com also collects the Internet Protocol (IP) addresses of its visitors for the purposes of system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers.
So they report information to their advertisers that includes links to this forum thread and each viewers IP?

Glad to see you took this down, Perdido,

@All

I am not sure what this widget has to do with smart phone apps being used to manage a pandemic.

The questions on my mind recently are...

Will we soon see google/apple consortium developed apps to not only contract trace infections, but also authenticate those that have immunity?

and will immunity become a prerequisite to obtaining goods and services?
RAS

perdido

#20 Post by perdido »

ras wrote:
Does it share... with said .com?
excerpts from http://www.danasoft.com/privacy.php
Signature Graphic: Some users on Internet web sites link to our signature graphic.

Server Log Information: When you visit an Internet Web site, you disclose certain information about yourself, such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address, the time of your visit, and the referring location (e.g., the Site or page that offered a link to a DanaSoft.com page). DanaSoft.com, like many other sites, records this basic information about visits to its site.

Web Server Logs: This information helps us identify which areas of our site are of interest to our visitors. DanaSoft.com also collects the Internet Protocol (IP) addresses of its visitors for the purposes of system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers.
So they report information to their advertisers that includes links to this forum thread and your IP?

Glad to see you took this down, Perdido,
They have the option to share the info from their logs. Everyone that runs a web site has the option to share logs that contain the ip traffic with their site with anyone they want. Even the Russians! They can do whatever they want with the log info. Just like the site puppy linux uses - icanhazip.com. Except icanhazip.com does not give you any privacy policy at all. Is icanhazip.com a big security breach? Nope, they just show you your ip from their log. They most likely monetize that log info if they can.

I added that ip info to augment the points I was making with my original reply. Seems to have gone over everyone's head.
From the same page you quoted from:
"Signature Graphic: Some users on Internet web sites link to our signature graphic. When a person views the signature graphic, they see their own IP address and other information only. It is not possible for your information to be viewed by others, as your IP address and other information are dynamically added to the graphic which is shown to you and to you alone when your web browser loads the signature graphic for our web server. The purpose of the graphic is to raise awareness about what types of information every Internet website can collect about you."

Glad to see you don't have an irrational fear of web logs, Ras.