deadbeef buggy on bionicpup64 8.0? (SOLVED)

Using applications, configuring, problems
gychang

deadbeef buggy on bionicpup64 8.0? (SOLVED)

#1 Post by gychang »

Using the BP64 and it works well. I noticed an odd behavior of default deadbeef 0.7.2. When I play on full screen mode works well, but when I make it smaller (top figure) and then resize to full size (bottom figure)only upper half seems to work. I would have to manually drag down the screen cutoff to make it full size again.

There is no "no refresh", would appreciate how to correct this if possible.
Attachments
beef1.png
(191.9 KiB) Downloaded 86 times
beef2.png
bottom half is missing when I resize to full.
(82.28 KiB) Downloaded 83 times
Last edited by gychang on Sun 26 Apr 2020, 11:55, edited 1 time in total.
---
trying to learn puppylinux... :D
---

Semme

#2 Post by Semme »

Gychang, if you've made any adjustments while in designer mode, you can reset its defaults by removing its configuration file in your /root directory.
>>> Living with the immediacy of death helps you sort out your priorities. It helps you live a life less trivial <<<

OscarTalks

#3 Post by OscarTalks »

Someone reported a bug involving resizing of DeaDBeeF 0.7.2 in BionicPup64 in another thread a few weeks ago (not sure where that is now) so I compiled version 1.8.2 from source and that seemed to fix it (as well as being more recent).

If you want to TEST it, the package is uploaded here:-
http://smokey01.com/OscarTalks/deadbeef ... bionic.pet
Probably best to remove the included DeaDBeeF 0.7.2 first by deleting /usr/lib/deadbeef directory and contents (or remove built-in packages).
Oscar in England

gychang

much improved

#4 Post by gychang »

OscarTalks wrote:Someone reported a bug involving resizing of DeaDBeeF 0.7.2 in BionicPup64 in another thread a few weeks ago (not sure where that is now) so I compiled version 1.8.2 from source and that seemed to fix it (as well as being more recent).

If you want to TEST it, the package is uploaded here:-
http://smokey01.com/OscarTalks/deadbeef ... bionic.pet
Probably best to remove the included DeaDBeeF 0.7.2 first by deleting /usr/lib/deadbeef directory and contents (or remove built-in packages).
installed your pet after removing the older deadbeef including the ~/.conf/deadbeef. Now when I make the size smaller, album art looks proportionally smaller than the original 0.7.2 but when resized to full, works perfectly. thanks, will mark it resolved. This 1.8.2 should be used as the default in PPM.
Attachments
1.png
(147.5 KiB) Downloaded 40 times
2.png
(97.55 KiB) Downloaded 39 times
---
trying to learn puppylinux... :D
---