Forum etiquette

Puppy related raves and general interest that doesn't fit anywhere else
nic007

Forum etiquette

#1 Post by nic007 »

I 'll start off:

1. If you ask a question and get answers, always report back afterwards. It's in the interest of all users to know what worked (or did not work).
2. It's polite and only good manners to say thank you if someone helps you and will stand you in good stead if you ask a question again at a later stage.

Please add..........................

Moose On The Loose

Re: Forum etiquette

#2 Post by Moose On The Loose »

[quote="nic007"]I 'll start off:

1. If you ask a question and get answers, always report back afterwards. It's in the interest of all users to know what worked (or did not work).
2. It's polite and only good manners to say thank you if someone helps you and will stand you in good stead if you ask a question again at a later stage.
3. If you try a suggestion from a user involving steps, follow those steps as well as you can making notes at each point and then include that in a reply.
4. There is no rule 4
5. Avoid politics in the on topic areas. Yes we know all members of the other political party are idiots.
6. Don't say things you would not want your mother to read.
7. If you are providing a package to run on puppy remember "works on XXX" means that a fresh install plus the thing you provided works.
8. If you are trying a user supplied package (see 7) do so as they suggest first before you try getting creative with it.
9. Monty Python and Saturday Night Live etc references etc are fine but be prepared to have some not know hat you mean. This is not a mental defect on their part. See rule 4

Colonel Panic

#3 Post by Colonel Panic »

If you must take someone to task for what they've said on here (and there may well be times when it is necessary);

1 / Try private messages first.

2 / If you say anything on the board about the point of contention, have the good grace to apologise if the person you've criticised points out how and where your criticisms are unfounded.
Gigabyte M68MT-52P motherboard, AMD Athlon II X4 630, 5.8 GB of DDR3 RAM and a 250 GB Hitachi hard drive running Ubuntu 16.04.6, MX-19.2, Peppermint 10, PCLinuxOS 20.02, LXLE 18.04.3, Pardus 19.2, exGENT 200119, Bionic Pup 8.0 and Xenial CE 7.5 XL.

cthisbear

#4 Post by cthisbear »

This mongrel's onto me...ha! ha!

"5. Avoid politics in the on topic areas. Yes we know all members of the other political party are idiots.
6. Don't say things you would not want your mother to read. "

Still it is a pet hate of mine...people ask questions on any forum...
and then zilch.

It really puts me off trying to help.
This is generally always a wonderful forum.
I have had some great laughs here and have learned a bit sometimes as well.

14 years now I think I've enjoyed the banter.
Thanks to Barry, John Murga and Flash etc.

Chris.