How do I upload my remastered Puppy to ibiblio.org?

Puppy related raves and general interest that doesn't fit anywhere else
Mathiasdm

How do I upload my remastered Puppy to ibiblio.org?

#1 Post by Mathiasdm »

I'm going to upload my remastering to ibiblio. However, I'm a bit confused about the '.lsm'.

The part 'Primary-site', must this be a site on which all of the files are available? I can't create such a site (no money for hosting), that's why I want to use ibiblio :?

BarryK
Puppy Master

#2 Post by BarryK »

Well, you can't upload to the Puppy Linux section in Ibiblio.
Apart from the fact that I've used up most of my space allocation, you need an account with them.
To get an account, you have to apply for one, but it may not be easy to obtain.

Ian
Official Dog Handler

#3 Post by Ian »

You could look around the web for free hosting space, Geocities is one I use but unless you pay for more space you are limited to 15M.
I don't know how much they charge for extra space but I don't think it is too costly.

Mathiasdm

#4 Post by Mathiasdm »

BarryK wrote:Well, you can't upload to the Puppy Linux section in Ibiblio.
Apart from the fact that I've used up most of my space allocation, you need an account with them.
To get an account, you have to apply for one, but it may not be easy to obtain.
Well, I wasn't going to upload to the Puppy section ;-) I didn't know you need to have an account for that :oops: I'll try and obtain one.

Mathiasdm

#5 Post by Mathiasdm »

This is going to sound like a stupid question, but how do I apply? I don't see any place one can do so :? Just information on how to upload.

#6 Post by Guest »

Post me a cd with just the iso as a file and I'll host it on my site....Got a bit of space still left to use.

PM me for more info

Lobster
Official Crustacean

Dropload

#7 Post by Lobster »

I think there is a website called dropload - where you can upload a file for a couple of days for others to download (they can then host on their webspace)

Hope that helps . . .
keep us informed :)
Puppy Raspup 8.2Final 8)
Puppy Links Page http://www.smokey01.com/bruceb/puppy.html :D

Mathiasdm

#8 Post by Mathiasdm »

bladehunter wrote:Post me a cd with just the iso as a file and I'll host it on my site....Got a bit of space still left to use.

PM me for more info
Well, the thing is: it's just a first version, a 'draft'. I'd have to send cd's quite often, and that's kinda expensive ;-)

Lobster wrote:I think there is a website called dropload - where you can upload a file for a couple of days for others to download (they can then host on their webspace)

Hope that helps . . .
keep us informed :)
Oh, good idea :-) I heard about it before. However, I think 'yousendit' is even better: http://www.yousendit.com/ (Upload files up to 1 Gb.)