Problem with Firefox Java in 1.0.4 multisession (Solved?)

Using applications, configuring, problems
Jeff

Problem with Firefox Java in 1.0.4 multisession (Solved?)

#1 Post by Jeff »

I have downloaded and installed the main iso for Puppy 1.0.4 . The problems i experienced with saving sessions to CD seem to have been solved with this release!

When I download and install the DotPup Java package, it installs perfectly, and I can then view java applets in Firefox, which I have also installed. However, after a reboot, neither Mozilla nor Firfox will display java, although the java folder is still present. Could someone please guide me through the steps necessary to make it work with Firefox?

Many thanks!

GuestToo
Puppy Master

#2 Post by GuestToo »

the plugins folder for Puppy 1.0.4 is /usr/lib/mozilla-1.8b1.4/plugins/

the Java installer puts a symlink in /root/.mozilla/plugins/ to libjavaplugin_oji.so

the symlink in /root/.mozilla/plugins/ should work with Mozilla/Firefox

do you have libjavaplugin_oji.so in /root/.mozilla/plugins/ ? (.mozilla is a hidden folder)

if you don't, you can open a rox window showing the java plugin file ... probably /root/jre1.5.0_02/plugin/i386/ns7/libjavaplugin_oji.so ... and another rox window showing /root/.mozilla/plugins/

drag /root/jre1.5.0_02/plugin/i386/ns7/libjavaplugin_oji.so to /root/.mozilla/plugins/ using the middle mouse button, and select Link from the menu

java should now work

if it doesn't, you can drag the symlink to /usr/lib/mozilla-1.8b1.4/plugins/ instead

i have java jre1.5.0_03 installed, and it works ok with Puppy's Mozilla, Firefox 1.0.5, and Firefox DeerPark Alpha ... i didn't need to reinstall the symlink

i should make a new dotpup to install the latest java jre1.5.0_04