Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Thu 18 Dec 2014, 08:31
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » House Training » Users ( For the regulars )
Problem with Firefox Java in 1.0.4 multisession (Solved?)
Moderators: Flash, Ian, JohnMurga
Post_new_topic   Reply_to_topic View_previous_topic :: View_next_topic
Page 1 of 1 Posts_count  
Jeff

PostPosted: Tue 19 Jul 2005, 21:12    Post_subject:  Problem with Firefox Java in 1.0.4 multisession (Solved?)  

I have downloaded and installed the main iso for Puppy 1.0.4 . The problems i experienced with saving sessions to CD seem to have been solved with this release!

When I download and install the DotPup Java package, it installs perfectly, and I can then view java applets in Firefox, which I have also installed. However, after a reboot, neither Mozilla nor Firfox will display java, although the java folder is still present. Could someone please guide me through the steps necessary to make it work with Firefox?

Many thanks!
GuestToo
Puppy Master

PostPosted: Tue 19 Jul 2005, 22:40    Post_subject:  

the plugins folder for Puppy 1.0.4 is /usr/lib/mozilla-1.8b1.4/plugins/

the Java installer puts a symlink in /root/.mozilla/plugins/ to libjavaplugin_oji.so

the symlink in /root/.mozilla/plugins/ should work with Mozilla/Firefox

do you have libjavaplugin_oji.so in /root/.mozilla/plugins/ ? (.mozilla is a hidden folder)

if you don't, you can open a rox window showing the java plugin file ... probably /root/jre1.5.0_02/plugin/i386/ns7/libjavaplugin_oji.so ... and another rox window showing /root/.mozilla/plugins/

drag /root/jre1.5.0_02/plugin/i386/ns7/libjavaplugin_oji.so to /root/.mozilla/plugins/ using the middle mouse button, and select Link from the menu

java should now work

if it doesn't, you can drag the symlink to /usr/lib/mozilla-1.8b1.4/plugins/ instead

i have java jre1.5.0_03 installed, and it works ok with Puppy's Mozilla, Firefox 1.0.5, and Firefox DeerPark Alpha ... i didn't need to reinstall the symlink

i should make a new dotpup to install the latest java jre1.5.0_04
Display_posts:   Sort by:   
Page 1 of 1 Posts_count  
Post_new_topic   Reply_to_topic View_previous_topic :: View_next_topic
 Forum index » House Training » Users ( For the regulars )
Jump to:  

Rules_post_cannot
Rules_reply_cannot
Rules_edit_cannot
Rules_delete_cannot
Rules_vote_cannot
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum