Wireless LAN on Puppy

Booting, installing, newbie
Quasar

Wireless LAN on Puppy

#1 Post by Quasar »

Ok so to sum things up, if the card is PCI and I'm using the rc.wireless script, what I should do is copy the files to their locations in ndiswrapper and rc.d as needed, open rc.wireless, edit the device name as I see fit, open wireless.conf, adjust the settings for my network, add the line . /etc/rc.d/rc.wireless to rc.local, reboot and it should get configured?
And if that's the case then should I be able to see the line I added to rc.local after I reboot, cuz I did it more than once and everytime I reboot the rc.local is emptied
I adjusted the system date and time and it worked but the problem remains in that once Puppy starts it gives the same "wlan0: device not found" errors, the card "power" LED starts flashing but it does not connect, if I open an xterm in the rc.d and run rc.wireless again, it connects...And it still does not show any wireless devices for xwconfig....Any suggestions on what could be causing this? and how can I assign a static IP address to connect to on startup?

Ian
Official Dog Handler

#2 Post by Ian »

Have you run the ethernet setup wizard, it gives you the choice of either dhcp or manual configuration.