Ogle DVD player for Puppy?

Using applications, configuring, problems
Tom

Ogle DVD player for Puppy?

#1 Post by Tom »

I heard that Ogle DVD player was once part of Puppy, so... How would I go about installing/running it on Puppy?

I've found the RPMs and source files for RedHat etc but don't have a clue what else to do...

Alternatively, if someone has the Puppy-compatible files or a Dotpup of it that would be great too.

Thanks in advance :D
New Puppy

{www.fsdesign.co.nr}
-[how i built a personal puppy media centre, a writeup on puppy and some useful windows apps]-

mouldy

#2 Post by mouldy »

Yes Ogle was part of Puppy back in early 0.9.x days. I have older hardware and Ogle plays movie dvd smoother for me so I played around copying files off 0.9.3 until I got it working on my present 1.0.1 installation. Been little while now so couldnt tell you all the files. Just sstarted off copying anything that said "ogle" then ran it from command line which would bring up errors of missing this or that library and I'd go copy it from Puppy 0.9.3. Works but been long enough I'd have to go through whole process again to get list of exact files I needed. I should have made a tar pkg of files needed back then, just didnt seem like anybody was interested the times I've mentioned it.

Easier probably to go track down Mandrake 9.2 rpm for ogle and open it manually placing the files since Puppy doesnt support rpm directly. Then go track down any needed dependency rpms. Redhat rpm files or deb pkg files may or may not work.

The rpm version wont have a gui interface since Ogle is a command line program. The old Puppy version had a crude gui that Barry made I guess. There are some fancier ones made for it. I'd suggest one called "goggles". Or for that matter, Ogle works fine just run from command line though you have to be ware of setting the options properly.

Tom_not logged in

#3 Post by Tom_not logged in »

Thanks I'll take a look.