XP kills linux-created files & directories

Booting, installing, newbie
EwanM

XP kills linux-created files & directories

#1 Post by EwanM »

OK, I must be doing something wrong here ...

I have a laptop set up to triple-boot XP, Puppy (now up to 2.12, frugal install) and Ubuntu. XP is on an NTFS partition, the Puppy files are on a FAT32 partition, and there's an ext3 and a swap partition for Ubuntu.

I boot into Puppy and create a folder and files on the FAT32, which is at \initrd\mnt\dev_save. If I reboot into Puppy, all is well. If I boot into Ubuntu and mount the FAT32, the directory and files are there. If I boot into XP, however, I cannot see the directory or files, and when I go back into Puppy or Ubuntu, now they are missing there as well. Same thing happens if the files are created in Ubuntu instead of Puppy.

What's going on?!

marksouth2000

#2 Post by marksouth2000 »

While I cannot speculate about what the cause of the issue is, I do know that you can solve it forever by deleting XP.

Stick to the simple solutions, I say!

Mark 8)

Pizzasgood

#3 Post by Pizzasgood »

:shock: Beats me. I'd suggest sticking the Puppy files in the ext partition until you sort it out.
[size=75]Between depriving a man of one hour from his life and depriving him of his life there exists only a difference of degree. --Muad'Dib[/size]
[img]http://www.browserloadofcoolness.com/sig.png[/img]