Is there an Enterprise Edition of puppy?

Booting, installing, newbie
joshfan

Is there an Enterprise Edition of puppy?

#1 Post by joshfan »

Is there a Enterprise Edition of puppy? or do you just build one with the Puppy Unleashed cd.I am starting a my bisness soon and i would like to use Puppy, but I am not a good programmer.

Pizzasgood

#2 Post by Pizzasgood »

Some of the forum members made a "Puppy Pro." or three, that included more "business-like" apps and such. I think it used 2.01 or 2.02. Personally, I'd just go with standard 2.12 unless I specifically needed certain things.

What you need really depends on what kind of business it is and what Puppy will be doing. If you're just using Puppy for the paperwork at a lemonade stand, it won't take much. If you want to install Puppy in your NASA control-room, you'll need to beef up networking and swap some apps around. If you want to operate a crane with Puppy, you should probably find a professional.

Also, if you're doing graphics, Graphpup would probably be a better fit.

Generally speaking though, the standard Puppy with Open Office, Java, and maybe some other slight changes should cover you. If Open Office can be avoided, go for it. It's slow and annoying, just like the programs it's trying to mimic. Abiword and Gnumeric work better for most things, because they run much more smoothly. Also, MS Word can read .rtf files, so compatibility from Abiword to MS Word isn't an issue (the reverse can be a problem though).

Though, I don't run a business, so these are just unsupported tips... :roll:
[size=75]Between depriving a man of one hour from his life and depriving him of his life there exists only a difference of degree. --Muad'Dib[/size]
[img]http://www.browserloadofcoolness.com/sig.png[/img]