MUT cant see USB flash

Booting, installing, newbie
seshomaru samma

MUT cant see USB flash

#1 Post by seshomaru samma »

Whenever I connect my USB flash drive to Puppy nothing happens.
I only have one so I dont know what to expect, should an icon appear on the desktop?
I'm using IceWM
Anyway I can see it in the USB-viewer but dont know how to mount it. I'm sure I can mount it with the terminal ,but my aim is to set this puppy to be used by people will not use the terminal , so I'm looking for some GUI.
Is there a way to configure Puppy to automount USB flash and disply an icon on the desktop.
Thanks

btw:

Code: Select all

sh-3.00# probedisk
/dev/hdd|cdrom|BENQ DVD DD DW1650
/dev/hda|disk|HDS728080PLAT20
Attachments
MUT_cant_see_USB.png
(82.81 KiB) Downloaded 410 times

PaulBx1

#2 Post by PaulBx1 »

Did you click the little curly arrow on the upper right corner of the MUT window? That refreshes the window (I assume it probes around some more, checking for new devices).

CatmanDru

#3 Post by CatmanDru »

In addition to clicking the refresh icon, sometimes i have to move my flash out of the USB socket about 2 or 3 cm and then push it back in until the flash lite begins to blink. that shows that its being detected. My flash is PNY brand. Sometimes i have to do the same thing when using it with windows, so its probably something particular with my flash. I hope this helps your flash to work with puppy.

seshomaru samma

#4 Post by seshomaru samma »

Thanks
I played with the USB and sometimes it appears in MUT but when I click on it it disappears!
But how is that I can always see it in the USB-viewer utility and only sometimes with the MUT utility?

PaulBx1

#5 Post by PaulBx1 »

What Puppy revision are you?

There is a problem when flash drives are moved around physically, if you have more than one. See:
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=13267

Also see:
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=13010

What does Pmount do with it? Pmount in Puppy 212 is pretty good. Although apparently it cannot handle more than 2 usb flash drives.

seshomaru samma

#6 Post by seshomaru samma »

I'm using this version