Installing development packages (devx_212.sfs) - Resolved

Booting, installing, newbie
farcrazy

Installing development packages (devx_212.sfs) - Resolved

#1 Post by farcrazy »

I'm trying to install the development packages so I can compile some custom programs. I have install Puppy 2.12 on my hard disk with full install (Option 2) and downloaded the devx_212.sfs packages in the /root directory of my puppy partition. This does not work! I also tried putting it in the / directory and it still does not work. The only thing that works is if I boot from the LiveCD... then it detected the devx_212.sfs file and the gcc compiler is installed.

Please help...
Last edited by farcrazy on Thu 04 Jan 2007, 19:53, edited 1 time in total.

Sit Heel Speak

#2 Post by Sit Heel Speak »

(deleted)
Last edited by Sit Heel Speak on Sat 06 Jan 2007, 21:37, edited 1 time in total.

farcrazy

#3 Post by farcrazy »

Sit Heel Speak wrote:Put devx_212.sfs in the same directory as pup_212.sfs (/mnt/home).
Maybe I'm blind, but I cannot find the pup_212.sfs file anywhere in my disk partition. I've used the puppy universal installer script and choose option 2 (full HD install) and not the poor man install (Option 1). Should I still have the pup_212.sfs file in my case?

Sit Heel Speak

#4 Post by Sit Heel Speak »

(deleted)
Last edited by Sit Heel Speak on Sat 06 Jan 2007, 21:38, edited 1 time in total.

farcrazy

#5 Post by farcrazy »

Sit Heel Speak wrote:Oh, sorry, didn't see it is a full HD install. Put it in /mnt/hda1/ (topmost directory of your lowermost hard disk).
My brain must be a little dense - do you mean you want me to put it in the root directory (i.e. / and not /root)? My puppy is install on hda5 on my HD -- /hda1 is my window NTFS partition and I don't think you want me to put it in there... Anyway, I already tried putting in my topmost directory.. same thing, it does not load the compiler packages.

getting a little frustrated on why it does it if I put the puppy liveCD in there.

Any other suggestions?

Sit Heel Speak

#6 Post by Sit Heel Speak »

Arggh. I'm an idiot. Note to self: Use the search. Stop. Think. Before you open your mouth.

Look at this thread:
http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=12904

That oughta do it.
Last edited by Sit Heel Speak on Sat 06 Jan 2007, 21:40, edited 1 time in total.

farcrazy

#7 Post by farcrazy »

Sit Heel Speak wrote:Arggh. I'm an idiot. Always search before you open your mouth.

Look at this thread:
http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=12904

That oughta do it.
Yep. That did the job! I guess I should of search a little harder too before I post.

Thanks for all your patience!

Sit Heel Speak

#8 Post by Sit Heel Speak »

You're welcome, and thanks for thanks. It is always appreciated. Welcome to the kennels.