Barebones 1.04 has no Mozilla / Firefox in PupGet

Stuff that has yet to be sorted into a category.
Glitchman

Barebones 1.04 has no Mozilla / Firefox in PupGet

#1 Post by Glitchman »

I remember mentioning this before when barebones first came out in version 1.03. Evidently this bug still remains in 1.04. Both Mozilla and Firefox are missing in PupGet, although other browsers are available (Opera, Amaya, Links, elinks.) I seem to recall Mozilla and/or Firefox being available via PupGet in a previous version of Puppy....

It's also worth noting that DotPup does not function at all.

Lobster
Official Crustacean

Re: Barebones 1.04 has no Mozilla / Firefox in PupGet

#2 Post by Lobster »

Dem bones dem bones - dem barebones

:)

Thanks G Man,

:)

What I do is download Opera and then install the latest firefox (from that) but you could download (in theory) directly from Dillo
I had probs installing from Dillo - hence the Opera download first (which you can then uninstall)
Maybe downloading from Dillo is better in the new patch?

There are several dot pup installers (even special Lobster ones) with instructions - bottom of this page:
http://www.goosee.com/puppy/wikka/DotPups
Puppy Raspup 8.2Final 8)
Puppy Links Page http://www.smokey01.com/bruceb/puppy.html :D

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#3 Post by Flash »

I think the reason is Firefox and Mozilla are so easy to install straight from their website.

BarryK
Puppy Master

#4 Post by BarryK »

There is still a bug in the "createpuppy" script that creates the live-CD, it leaves some packages out of the pupget list.

You could probably download them, then use pupget to install them as alien packages.

But, as Flash mentions, they are very easy to download from the mozilla site and install.