Crash - wide vertical coloured bars

Please post any bugs you have found

Crash - wide vertical coloured bars

#1 Post by Guest »

Just experienced my first crash. V1.02 on a PII 266 128+MB RAM.
I had several help windows open and one mozilla window. Was trying to post on this forum at the time when the screen suddenly displayed verticle bars about 1 in wide alternating pink, green blue, pink green blue and it all locked up.

Strange one. Reported just in case anyone else sees something similar.

James

Lobster
Official Crustacean

#2 Post by Lobster »

Did not experience any colour effects but Mozilla has closed on two occasions for no reason I could fathom. We are using a nightly build - not a completely stable version. I downloaded Firefox and am using that happily. John Murga is creating a Opera 8 based Puppy 1.2 - dependancy problems being sorted last I heard.

We have to remember WHY mozilla is being used (even at this early stage of its new direction);
It is comprehensive, offering a lot of bang for its size. It reuses code - a well known Puppy trick. It is in the process of integrating two of the best OS programs Firefox and Thunderbird into its core.

Many programs have been improved because of people directly reporting bugs to the original developers.

It is a strange one. When Firefox, Opera and Mozilla were the 3 Puppy versions - I chose and much preferred Mozilla - that was a stable build - 1.7

Barry does not report any problems with Mozilla - it depends how much and for what you use it and probably other factors. I also found a resizing problem that others did not have.

I throw my browser around a lot and have found Firefox more reliable for now - but intend to return to Moz as soon as possible.

We have choices. Firefox is an easy install.
Puppy Raspup 8.2Final 8)
Puppy Links Page http://www.smokey01.com/bruceb/puppy.html :D

BarryK
Puppy Master

#3 Post by BarryK »

Yes, some things are a mystery... I'm using Mozilla everyday running Pup 1.0.2, and haven't had it crash yet, nor even do anything strange.

#4 Post by Guest »

Well Firefox has also crashed for no reason - I am using Opera now from John Murgas 50 meg Puppy 1.0.2

It is not a regular occurence this crashing but still . . .

Jeff

Memory and Hard Disk Usage

#5 Post by Jeff »

Hi,

I have a few points to make about 1.0.2 puppy which I hope someone can help. Memory usage shoots up and eventually shuts down a few applications. Copying files, etc has this effect sometimes.

Thumbnails from ROX and others are stored in ./thumbnails/normal. Is there any way to re-direct them to memory or not to store them at all. It's a small hassle to delete them from the hard disk. If I remember :--)

I'm still playing with puppy 1.0.2 so will report back if I find a common problem with this memory usage issue.

Regards Jeff.