How do I set the clock in icewm? (Solved)

Booting, installing, newbie
klhrevolutionist

How do I set the clock in icewm? (Solved)

#1 Post by klhrevolutionist »

I still have'nt figured out this darn clock tried the console thing, but it does'nt change in the icewm dock
I tried dockapps.com but don't know how to change the time
if it's possible at all can someone do something create a patch to fix this time zone error and icewm dock clock error
if not puppy will be the only distro that can't tell time :shock:
Heaven is on the way, until then let's get the truth out!

Re: this is the worst

#2 Post by Guest »

klhrevolutionist wrote:I still have'nt figured out this darn clock tried the console thing, but it does'nt change in the icewm dock
if it's possible at all can someone do something create a patch to fix this time zone error and icewm dock clock error
Try this. This is in iceWM also.
Go to Start>Run>Rxvt> When you get there type:

"date" add a space then "07" for the month "24" for the day "2015" for the time and here this time is just an example Linux usualy uses 24 hour time not 12 hour time so if it is 4:00am it is 0400 if it is 4:00pm it is 1600. and then "2005" for the year ".20" to be honest I do not know what the last part is about but it needs to be added. Maybe seconds?
All together the entry needs to look something like this.
"date 072414072005.20" but without the quotation marks. Once this has been enterd you may need to restart puppy. When I have to change the time I also have to restart the OS through the start button menu.
Good luck. Hope this helps you :D

Freedom

Re: this is the worst

#3 Post by Freedom »

Anonymous wrote:
klhrevolutionist wrote:I still have'nt figured out this darn clock tried the console thing, but it does'nt change in the icewm dock
Try this. This is in iceWM also.
Go to Start>Run>Rxvt> When you get there type:

"date" add a space then "07" for the month "24" for the day "2015" for the time and here this time is just an example Linux usualy uses 24 hour time not 12 hour time so if it is 4:00am it is 0400 if it is 4:00pm it is 1600. and then "2005" for the year ".20" to be honest I do not know what the last part is about but it needs to be added. Maybe seconds?
All together the entry needs to look something like this.
"date 072414072005.20" but without the quotation marks. Once this has been enterd you may need to restart puppy. Or you can just restart iceWM also from the start menu. When I have to change the time I also have to restart the OS or GUI through the start button menu.
Good luck. Hope this helps you :D
Also I forgot to log in again. The guest up one is me and I had to change a line. :oops:
www.gnu.org
www.PCCleanUp.US

klhrevolutionist

Just to inform

#4 Post by klhrevolutionist »

The icewm control panel version 2.4 works great with puppy,
if you have this neat app, you can change a lot of things from the control panel
including time, background, edit menu, create your own icewm theme!,
and a whole lot more: visit and remember version 2.4

http://www.phrozensmoke.com/projects/icewmcp/
Heaven is on the way, until then let's get the truth out!