Wanted: lower CD burning speed, for burning ISOs

Using applications, configuring, problems
theinfamousj

Wanted: lower CD burning speed, for burning ISOs

#1 Post by theinfamousj »

I've been having a lot of trouble getting a good burn of Muppy, which I wanted to try out. Today, someone suggested that it might be my burn speed, and that I should set it lower. So I used my flash drive to burn Muppy from her Windows XP machine where I could set the burn speed. And you know what? It worked.

Now, in the "burn2iso" on Puppy, I don't see anywhere in the GUI where I can change the burn speed. Is there perhaps a way I could do it from the command line? I am curious about whether or not, in the future, I will have to use her hospitality to burn my CDs if I ever find myself in this situation again.

Thank you in advance.

WhoDo

Re: Burn ISO Speed

#2 Post by WhoDo »

theinfamousj wrote:Now, in the "burn2iso" on Puppy, I don't see anywhere in the GUI where I can change the burn speed. Is there perhaps a way I could do it from the command line? I am curious about whether or not, in the future, I will have to use her hospitality to burn my CDs if I ever find myself in this situation again.

Thank you in advance.
You could use Gcombust instead of BurnISO2CD.

With a blank CD-R in your drive, start Gcombust from Start-Multimedia-Gcombust CD Writer. Once it has detected your burner hardware, click the Burn tab to choose your data source and speed for the burn.

Burning at lower speeds is more reliable, if slower. I prefer to burn at 2x or 4x even though my burner is capable of 24x - I just hate to waste time and CD's if the burn isn't going to work reliably at the higher speeds.

Hope that helps.