Request: An easy to use Media Player

Requests go here. If you fill a request, give it a new thread in the appropriate category and then link to it in the request thread.
backi

#16 Post by backi »

Sure Audacious is a fine player...... it does audio .......
But Vlc player is a powerful app too ....audio as video as well ...

Pelo

Winamp-style interface

#17 Post by Pelo »

Generally try to do with the media-player included as default in your Puppy Linux.
If some functiuns are broken, write it on the forum of the distro.
Gnome-mplayer, VLC of Gxine on older puppies do their job... They have been tested before the Puppy release, i hope.
However, our puppy builders don't test DVDs, and there is a problem to chosse chapters..
Attachments
libmms.jpg
(99.54 KiB) Downloaded 582 times
Audacious 36.jpg
audacious
(42.42 KiB) Downloaded 607 times
Last edited by Pelo on Fri 14 Oct 2016, 10:47, edited 4 times in total.

starhawk

#18 Post by starhawk »

GNOME-Mplayer is pretty good. I use it on the netbook.

I use Audacious on my main system because the Winamp-style interface makes me feel good. I guess there are some things I haven't learned to un-Windows from yet :oops:

nic007

#19 Post by nic007 »

SMPlayer, don't know why I haven't used it before. Seems to be the best frontend for mplayer.

jlst

#20 Post by jlst »

nic007 wrote:SMPlayer, don't know why I haven't used it before. Seems to be the best frontend for mplayer.
It's also a frontend for mpv, SMPlayer is awesome. I always compile the latest version.

SMPlayer, Qbittorrent and a few other high-profile apps makes installing qt worthwhile..

nic007

#21 Post by nic007 »

Unfortunately I have to say that I do not get the same sound quality with smplayer's equalizer settings compared to that of gmplayer's. This is a pity as smplayer has so many other good features.

Pelo

Audacious and equalizer

#22 Post by Pelo »

Medor, our now famous linux expert, not only provides an audacious 3.7.2 GTK2 for the next french Slaxen , but the equalizer files too.
Unfortunately pet will be released to public passengers of Slaxen, only.
But equalizer files are yett available, i'll give you the link soon
for DeaDBeef, not audacious :( sorry

Pelo

DeaDBeef with plugin spectrum

#23 Post by Pelo »

DeaDBeef with plugin spectrum, facile à ajouter, voir la video de Yoyo (Fernandez)
Cómo agregar el Plugin Musical Spectrum a Deadbeef Cick the blue, audio is nice music, nothing to translate to US. Eaaaasy !
Attachments
spectrum.jpg
Voir le tuto
(125.83 KiB) Downloaded 470 times

Pelo

For 64 Puppies, Media players are not yet a lot.

#24 Post by Pelo »

For 64 Puppies, Media players are not yet a lot. . Audacious is available, that is to be known,. tested on my Slacko 6964 yet outdated. No-where to feed-back.
Here is not a bad place.

Mayou

bluemindo, with Unicorn

#25 Post by Mayou »

bluemindo, with Unicorn 6 will play your MP3.. Nothing better, nothing worse..
just to try .. Better than to burn and burn new puppies.. issued daily with same apps. Change the media-player, is like to change Puppy.
Attachments
bluemindo.jpg
Blue icon
(44.21 KiB) Downloaded 393 times

nic007

#26 Post by nic007 »

VLC in my view. Audio, video, streaming and converting. Also has powerful effects, equalizer, etc..

tallboy

#27 Post by tallboy »

I have a lot of wma music files, and Audacious is my choice for Lucid 5.2.8.7. It also have an 'extra stereo' function in the Effects menu, that make wonders for my old, crappy speakers... :D
True freedom is a live Puppy on a multisession CD/DVD.