install programs
create dual boot without wiping and reinstalling windows
create a boot floppy
(boot floppy failed)
install and use puppy on my harddrive because the manual doesnt cover it
the manual covers nothing useful
the irc channel and/or gaim has gone wrong
gcc file wont extract
and thats jsut starters...if someone tell me how to do i dual boot without deleteing all my windows data then i mgiht have antoher go...but really tis jsut annoyed me SO much.
sorry, iv been put off linux totally by the unfriendly IRC channel. id rather sue easy windows yes its clsoed source and slow, but hey! its got support and its universal! and theres NO stupid console to mess with!
im not sticknig with linux.
its jsut faw to confusing with to little help.
Last edited by Lazers1 on Fri 12 Jan 2007, 20:48, edited 1 time in total.

maruchan

#2 Post by maruchan »

Sent you some tips, check your PM.

Sit Heel Speak

#3 Post by Sit Heel Speak »

Perhaps you should try Ubuntu, the next-to-latest version (Dapper Drake). Ubuntu is not quite so experimental as Puppy, not so rapidly-changeing, not so bleeding-edge.

WhoDo

#4 Post by WhoDo »

Ok, guys, it's time to stop wasting our valuable time with this TROLL.

He has received numerous helpful posts in several threads and despite everything still comes back with "I'm going back to Windows ... Linux sucks(sic)".

I want to echo Flash in complementing everyone who has responded to a trolling Lazers1 post for their remarkable restraint and composure. It is a compliment to this forum and its members that such conserted efforts to provoke are met only with friendly, helpful advice.

Mods: May I respectfully suggest that any future Lazers1 posts find a home in Aardvark?

raffy

True

#5 Post by raffy »

True - thanks, Whodo. And apologies to the members whose best efforts to help have been wasted.
Puppy user since Oct 2004. Want FreeOffice? [url=http://puppylinux.info/topic/freeoffice-2012-sfs]Get the sfs (English only)[/url].