Wake after suspend.

What works, and doesn't, for you. Be specific, and please include Puppy version.
gdemonta

#31 Post by gdemonta »

As for me, after using it, I noticed my screen goes grey but doesn't switch off, even if I close the lid!! It keeps on being grey, so the battery becomes empty quite rapidly... If someone knows how to fix it, don't hesitate!
Because except this, everything works!
Thanks a lot in advance,
guillaume
[color=blue]Dumbledore: "The evidence of the Dark Lord's return is incontrovertible"[/color]
IBM X31 - Puppy 2.16 Hard disk install with EZpup

Chouca

#32 Post by Chouca »

My (cheating) solution to this problem was to switch to Elive 1.0 - almost as fast as Puppy on an old computer - and very easy to get Suspend/Resume (and lots of other stuff like codecs, flash, etc) working flawlessly. It is also a very stable distribution! Recommended!

:D

Martin

mawebb88

Eee PC 901 Puppy 4.1 on a SD cad:Suspend and Wakeup

#33 Post by mawebb88 »

Tried the suspend.script from suspend.tar.gz. Works faultlessly as far as I can tell after 3 tests an an Eee PC 901 running Puppy 4.1 on a SD card. I did not try the "acpi=force to the kernel in menu.lst" trick mentioned earlier in this thread as I am not using GRUB but Syslinux bootloader. It apears not to be require in my case (maybe is use for some other reason as a I think I see an acpi message when I shutdown).

I have put a link to the suspend script on the desktop. Click this and get the same effect as using the Eee PC's native OS (Xandros based) when closing the lid. After clicking the suspend link I can close the lid and the machine cools down nicely. To wake it up I just open the lid and press momentarily the power on button.

Many thanks to rarsa

Mike

rarsa

#34 Post by rarsa »

Thanks should go to debernardis. He created the script, I just added minor things and packaged it.

I'm glad that it still works.
[url]http://rarsa.blogspot.com[/url] Covering my eclectic thoughts
[url]http://www.kwlug.org/blog/48[/url] Covering my Linux How-to

Petr

suspend.script ?

#35 Post by Petr »

Hi all,
I had a suspend script (puppy 3) working on my Vaio, but this toshiba suspends and wakes up straight away. I read somewhere that it is a problem with the usb driver, but nobody else seems to have this problem with puppy.

When one searches for "suspend script" or "suspend to mem" there are plenty of references, but perhaps a definitive script for 4.1 could be put somewhere? Even if it is wrong, at least we will all know what you're talking about!

Thanks in advance,

Petr

hamoudoudou

Hitting the on/off button brought it back

#36 Post by hamoudoudou »

Hitting the on/off button brought it back, so far so good......
password ???? :evil:
Process used in the 2018 time.. success.. See jopervasco here