What will i miss?

Booting, installing, newbie
ragaman

What will i miss?

#1 Post by ragaman »

I'm an Ubuntu user for three months now. I always felt Ubuntu was bloated and uses too much of my pc's resources. I would like to try Puppy. What will I miss if I do? What things can I do in Ubuntu that I can't with Puppy?

Thanks.

marksouth2000

#2 Post by marksouth2000 »

May I suggest that you restructure the question? If you tell us what you use Ubuntu for, then we can tell you whether those things are easy to do in Puppy or not.

If you use your computer for the basic average things like websurfing, email, playing music, viewing your photos, writing the odd document, and calculating the odd spreadsheet, and you don't have unusua or exotic hardware or requirements, then Puppy will cope just fine.

But please say what you do and what hardware you have and you will be able to benefit from far more specific answers, OK?

Cheers,
Mark

kjs

#3 Post by kjs »

This was a double posting and I replied to "the other one" too. In theory you can do everything you do in Ubuntu in Puppy too. It's a matter of installing the programs you need. However, it may be a question of available memory size and your skills to compile and install the programs. With larger distros you usually get spoon-fed in terms of available ready-compiled packages.

Juergen