The Puppy associated with the devil?

News, happenings
Pizzasgood

#16 Post by Pizzasgood »

Hmmm... It's hard to explain what I meant. Like, the you that is in you. I can see where it would be possible for a dude named Pizzasgood to be running around, but I am in me, if that makes sense. It's not just people doing stuff, there are people in the people. So unless I'm the only person who is like that, that can't be denied. I can't even plead insanity on this, because I am here, whether I am insane or not. Like I said, it doesn't have to be called a soul, that's just what I call it. You can call it whatever you want. But it's there. Either that or I am the only real person here, and I'm just dreaming all of you into existance (entirely possible, I'm not exactly mentally stable....), but for real people who aren't figments of my imagination, it exists. That or I'm just the only person with a soul. Hmmm.... I never thought of it that way....
I wish I could describe it better, but I can't.

Now, if you believe a soul as I just (hopefully) defined it can come into existance with no supernaturalness, then I guess you can get away without believing in some kind of supernatural. But I don't think that is possible. The only real way out is to deny that there is a little you inside you. In which case you aren't real and I need to see a psychiatrist.

I'm just trying to prove the existance of some kind of supernatural, whether it be aliens, God, Fate, giant turtles with a world on their backs, or the Force. Souls are supernatural, so that shows that there is supernatual. That's all it does, though. What you believe is up to you.

But hey, if you deny you have a soul, I guess that's your problem. Maybe you don't.
But if you don't exist, I guess your opinion doesn't matter! (just kidding. all of you figments of my imagination matter)

These are just my beliefs, and if I seem to insist on something, that's also a belief, and I'm not actually insisting. I just sound that way. I've been writing essays, so I'm in "my way's right even if it's wrong if I can defend it" mode, if you know what I mean. We aren't supposed to say "I believe this, I believe that," we are supposed to say "this is the way it is."

Oh, and by you, I don't mean you, rarsa, I just mean whoever. My English teacher would have a fit with all this second person stuff :)
[size=75]Between depriving a man of one hour from his life and depriving him of his life there exists only a difference of degree. --Muad'Dib[/size]
[img]http://www.browserloadofcoolness.com/sig.png[/img]

Lobster
Official Crustacean

#17 Post by Lobster »

In the Turing test AI is based on appearance.
In the human being (I wrote humming being by mistake - which I think is better), consciousness - which you term soul - is dependent on processing. When you sleep where does your soul go?
So it may be that soul conciousness is a result of sufficient aggregates of processing:

Sensations of Body
Perception of processing
Memories and impressions

that sort of thing. In other words you exist (or have a soul) when you process. When these components that give life and being dissolve completely. . . the computer - she gone . . . but some old components and a new motherboard may create a new Puppy.

Psst - anyone wanna buy a soul?

PS. Just had a dream about my imaginary psychiatrist - she thinks life is meaningless but I managed to comfort her - poor thing . . .
Puppy Raspup 8.2Final 8)
Puppy Links Page http://www.smokey01.com/bruceb/puppy.html :D

Come on

#18 Post by Guest »

V Oh please I do not think so.

Pizzasgood

#19 Post by Pizzasgood »

Eh? What don't you think? That Puppy is evil? That we are part of the Matrix? That I have a brain? Enlighten us :)
[size=75]Between depriving a man of one hour from his life and depriving him of his life there exists only a difference of degree. --Muad'Dib[/size]
[img]http://www.browserloadofcoolness.com/sig.png[/img]