Geany rave

Promote Puppy !
MochiMoppel

#21 Post by MochiMoppel »

"select the line, delete the line" sounds like blanking a line, not deleting it, but then this would be an easy and fast job for Geany's Replace function.

Moose On The Loose

#22 Post by Moose On The Loose »

I really like Geany hand have used it on some vast projects and also some smaller half vast projects.

I find it to be extremely good as a tool for making HTML documents.
Some have been instructions like this.

Code: Select all

<H1>To make your computer work better</H1>
<OL>
<LI>Download Puppy Linux</LI>
<LI>Boot from the Puppy Linux</LI>
</OL>
Some have been huge javascript efforts.

For these the syntax highlight is the most important feature in practice. But it would be nice if:

A marker on the left edge toggled when the nesting level change. This would help to spot "[" where I intended "{".

There was a tool that scanned to ensure that I misspelled the variable names the same way every time. Somehow highlighting the first case of a given word would be a good way to do it.

Code: Select all

CaesiumLineMeters = 894.6E-9;
// much code
CesiumFrequencyHz = SpeedOfLight / Cesium/LineMeters;

MochiMoppel

#23 Post by MochiMoppel »

Moose On The Loose wrote:There was a tool that scanned to ensure that I misspelled the variable names the same way every time.
???

I like word completion (not the annoying autocompletion). After typing first character(s) of a previously defined variable, press Ctrl+Space to get a list of already used strings. Pick from the list to avoid typos. This also can ensure that you don't use a new variable name that's already in use.
Attachments
wordcompletion.png
(18.2 KiB) Downloaded 155 times

some1

#24 Post by some1 »

@MochiMoppel:Thanks.Very instructive posts.Rave on.

MochiMoppel

#25 Post by MochiMoppel »

some1 wrote:Rave on.
I try not to.
  • Merriam-Webster:
    "Definition of rave
    intransitive verb
    1a : to talk irrationally in or as if in delirium"
If it really,really has to be a macro in Geany, then this can be done with xdotool. The example creates a custom command, which, being the first entry in the command list, is automatically mapped to the Ctrl+1 shortcut. When Ctrl+1 is pressed, the Geany cursor goes forward two lines, then contents of the line is erased.

The command used in the screenshot: xdotool getactivewindow key Left Home Down Down Shift+End Delete
Attachments
geany_xdotool_macro.jpg
(65.87 KiB) Downloaded 121 times