Mud Client for Puppy?

Using applications, configuring, problems
gothelin

Mud Client for Puppy?

#1 Post by gothelin »

Hi,

I've checked pupget, dotpup and these forums, but haven't been able to find a mud client. Is there one available for Puppy?

If there isn't, is it possible to compile a a GTK+ based mud client (gMOO) on another version of Linux (specifically Ubuntu Linux) and then copy it over to Puppy? From what I've read, I think it would be possible, but I wanted to check first. Finally, does it matter what flavour of Linux is used if you can compile on another version?

Any help is most appreciated. Thanks! :)

Carla

Ian
Official Dog Handler

#2 Post by Ian »

You might want to take a look at Puppy 1.0.5 alpha, details are on the News page at:

http://www.goosee.com/puppy/news.htm

gothelin

#3 Post by gothelin »

Ian wrote:You might want to take a look at Puppy 1.0.5 alpha, details are on the News page at:

http://www.goosee.com/puppy/news.htm
Thanks, Ian. I did see that, but it does clearly say its for testing only and I need a stable solution in the meantime. Am I correct in assuming I can compile gMOO on Ubuntu and it will work in Puppy?

Carla

Ian
Official Dog Handler

#4 Post by Ian »

There is really only one way to find out, try it and see what happens.

If it works, great, if it doesn't you will still have learned something.

rarsa

#5 Post by rarsa »

I guess that what for 1.0.5 'For testing' means that you should not use that version of puppy as your main version but only to try the compilation. So, It does not have everything that a normal puppy would have, but it has everything you would need for compiling.

I would highly recommend to compile using puppy 1.0.5, and install the compiled result in 1.0.4.

The 1.0.5 setup is quite fast: The download is a barebones puppy, that means that is quite small (for a distro). I did not even configured the UI to my liking, as I only use the console to compile (well, I use Dilo to download the sources I need).

So, Give it a try and let us know how it went.