Whew! I survived vacation!

Puppy related raves and general interest that doesn't fit anywhere else
Pizzasgood

Whew! I survived vacation!

#1 Post by Pizzasgood »

Yo. I'm back. I almost ran over myself with a tractor (faulty parking brake), but once again I managed to slip through fate's fingers :twisted:. So anyway, Puppy seems to have advanced quite a bit since I've been gone. Good work Barry and the rest of you! I'm probably going to be pretty busy for a bit (school starts next week), but once things settle down I'll get back into Puppy. I had a crazy plan called "Covert Pups" that I was thinking about doing. Once I get back into the groove, I might work on it. As of now, however, details are classified 8). I want to work on my game engine some more first though, as I've been neglecting it for six months now. :( So, I probably won't be around much for a bit, but I will return to rock Puppy's world. :wink: In the meantime, keep up the good work!
[size=75]Between depriving a man of one hour from his life and depriving him of his life there exists only a difference of degree. --Muad'Dib[/size]
[img]http://www.browserloadofcoolness.com/sig.png[/img]

Bancobusto

#2 Post by Bancobusto »

Right on -

Cheers :D

Good to have you back :D

Lobster
Official Crustacean

Re: Whew! I survived vacation!

#3 Post by Lobster »

Pizzasgood wrote:I had a crazy plan called "Covert Pups" that I was thinking about doing. Once I get back into the groove, I might work on it.
Crazy plan is probably not crazy enough (trust me I am commited . . . to insanity)

:)

Welcome back :) Hope all goes well for you with the game . . .
we now have a developers Pup so maybe (assuming your game is written in C) you could develop it in Puppy . . .

meanwhile . . .
http://www.trevorvanmeter.com/flyguy/flyGuy.swf
Puppy Raspup 8.2Final 8)
Puppy Links Page http://www.smokey01.com/bruceb/puppy.html :D

Ian
Official Dog Handler

#4 Post by Ian »

Welcome back Pizzasgood, glad you survived the tractor they can be very dangerous, I know from personal experience.

Looking forward to your sinister plan, or at least I hope it is sinister.

:-)

BarryK
Puppy Master

#5 Post by BarryK »

Howdy!

Pizzasgood

#6 Post by Pizzasgood »

Let's just say that it depends on your point of view.

As for the game, it's being coded in C++, and I actually ported it over to Linux and got it running in Puppy (thus my SDL dotpup). After that, I decided to develop it in Linux rather than Windows, which it had been in up 'till then. I haven't gotten around to checking out the latest litter, but when I get to it I'll see what I can come up with.

Like I said earlier, though, I'm not going to have much time very soon. School starts in a week, and naturally, instead of taking an easy senior year like everyone else, I took four AP classes. I still haven't finished my reading list. I have about 200 pages left of The Invisible Man to read. Tomorrow I'll be heading to the library to check it out.
This game is nowhere near complete, though, so I'm sure I'll have it compiling on Puppy by the time it's done. I'm not even guessing at a completion time.

FYI, it's basiclly a fighting game based off of a web comic. And I'm not going to guarantee it'll be incredably fun either. This is more of a test stop along the way to a higher goal, if you know what I mean. (Probably not, but oh well.... Sort of a demo of the engine instead of a demo of a game, I guess...) Bah. Don't worry about it. It won't happen for quite a bit anyway.[/quote]
[size=75]Between depriving a man of one hour from his life and depriving him of his life there exists only a difference of degree. --Muad'Dib[/size]
[img]http://www.browserloadofcoolness.com/sig.png[/img]