Live CD install to Memorex Travel drive

Booting, installing, newbie
forestwalkerjoe

Live CD install to Memorex Travel drive

#1 Post by forestwalkerjoe »

ok.. i started looking into puppy a couple weeks ago.. bought a version 2.10 and it was sent in the mail. got it up and running in live CD.. found it cute and very workable. what i got it for was to install it to a Travel drive.. a small key style porable mini drive. only about 4 gig. the person who "hooked me up" with the idea of puppy.. said.. it could do that. SO.. i went into the puppy , found HD's.. found mine.. and did the install. it asked questions like.. it wants to put an MBR and partition.. and format my mini drive.. i said.. ok.. it said.. what kinds of stuff do i want it to see.. as in.. if windows doesnt have a USB allowance.. can it install as spoofing a serial etc.. so thinking that was a good idea i said yes.. so now.. i am on a friends PC. i plug in the Key drive.. reboot his system , with the USB to load first.. and it starts all the Linux stuff and finding of hardware and all that.. says some thing about not finding TTY.. drops more code.. and then stops at a promt. what is it looking for.. or is there some thing i should be typing on the promt to get it to load up into puppy properly?
i really need help.. for i have plans for this.. " little Puppy". btw.. i am a dog rescuer.. and dogs of many sorts end up at my house.. some times , but rarely for months.. it fits me a little too much , my friends say.. that i am differnt.. not only in that i use linux now.. but i HAD to find one that is about DOGS.. go figure.. can we MAKE this work please? my ODDITY is calling. smerk. my intentions for this key drive it to be able to take my OS with me.. and insert.. reboot and use MY OWN OS.. saving the basic files to the 4 gig system.. so i dont have to play with others systems at all to use my own files.. then come home.. drop any important files into my FREESPIRE or my UBUNTU CE linx systems.. i am right to think this is do able? help me out ok? thanks again
FWJ

ezeze5000

re-Live CD install to Memorex Travel drive

#2 Post by ezeze5000 »

If you can get a copy of Puppy-2.13-seamonkey-fulldrivers
You might have better luck.

I just installed puppy on a 512mb wallet card and the install was real easy.
I tested the card and it booted the first time with xorg to a real fine looking
desktop.

I personally prefer Puppy-2.13-seamonkey-fulldrivers over the older version.

I hope this helps.
If at first you don't succeed try try again!