Connection wizard doesnt seem to totally save settings

Booting, installing, newbie
bubbahotep

Connection wizard doesnt seem to totally save settings

#1 Post by bubbahotep »

Hi,
I'm pretty new to linux, so whatever I'm doing wrong may be really simple. With that said... I have managed to install puppy as the only OS on my old Toshiba Satellite 2595XDVD. I had some tribulations with the video but seaching the forum helped me out with that. (I needed to replace the xorg.conf)

The issue I am having today deals with my D-Link DWL-G630 wireless card. Initially Puppy wasnt detecting the card, but I added...

Code: Select all

modprobe ath_pci
to my etc/rc.d/rc.local and then the connection wizard would see the card and I could setup for my wireless network that uses WPA-TKIP. If I go through the connect wizard = wireless button> select profile> use this profile>auto DHCP then I am good to go...BUT

Every time I reboot, I have to go through the connection wizard again. It remembers my wireless profile but Puppy doesnt automatically connect to it on startup...I've got to do the wizard every time. Is there more that I need to add to rc.local to get my wireless connection to work on bootup?

I've read some posts that sound like I need to put my connection settings in rc.local, but they all seem to refer to WEP and not WPA-TKIP which has me confused.

Thanks for any insight you can provide.