Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Sat 20 Sep 2014, 12:23
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Taking the Puppy out for a walk » Misc
Puppy's almost there. (Plus, popup mystery solved.)
Moderators: Flash, JohnMurga
Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts]  
Bancobusto

PostPosted: Thu 04 Aug 2005, 21:22    Post subject:  Puppy's almost there. (Plus, popup mystery solved.)  

Well, I've gone off in several other threads about what I feel is lacking in Pupppy - no, what it is that is holding me back from ditching my Debian install and only having Puppy running on this machine.

I just wanted to say that the short list of things that I found lacking is getting smaller and smaller, and now that I'm learning (through much terbulation and swaering and mistakes) how to compile apps from source, or mix-match files from a Slackware package, the time is coming when Puppy will be running here 100% of the time (right now it's at about 90%!).

There's the issue of full-screen video (I know, people with faster machines are OK) - and then my own personal projects, that I look forward to succeeding at and sharing with others through the Dot-Pup system. My needs are pretty much met, and I owe it to the hard work of others, you all know who you are.

Basically, I just wanted to say thank you to all who have helped me along the way, all who labour and toil for a better computing existance, and please understand that it does not get taken for granted.

Very Happy

There are some really good things happenning around here, and hope that time allows me to follow Puppy's path to world dominance with unblinking, un-twitching eyes...

I look forward to version 1.05, and all that come after.

Cheers Surprised

edit; I realize that many people have many differrrent needs... and that's what I love about Puppy.... It alows me to take just enough to get by and build from there (with a BareBones install) - and the support is just amazing...

You cannaot B U Y this kind of a support network.... Sorry, but it's true. The other day I was having trouble with my ISP (telus) and decided to get on the honker with them to figure it out...

Well, I've met a lot of pricks in my life, probably more than most, and the type of s u p p o r t that I can get by asking a couple questions here on the Puppy forums just blows me away....

Cheers!

(banco raises his glass, tips a little out out of superstition, and proceeds to fall on the floor beside his computer...)

Oh, and has anybody else noticed that about every 5th or 6th time that they come to the forum, therer's a popup window being blocked? Or is this just me?
Flash
Official Dog Handler

PostPosted: Fri 05 Aug 2005, 00:21    Post subject:  

Popup? Are you running Puppy when that happens? Maybe your ISP is adding them. Evil or Very Mad
Lobster
Official Crustacean

PostPosted: Fri 05 Aug 2005, 00:50    Post subject: Re: Almost there...  

Bancobusto wrote:

Oh, and has anybody else noticed that about every 5th or 6th time that they come to the forum, therer's a popup window being blocked? Or is this just me?

Not just you I have noticed this happen occasionally.

Bancobusto

PostPosted: Fri 05 Aug 2005, 12:51    Post subject:  

You know what? I think I figured it out.

This is funny....

You know that feature where you can be notified of a private message by a little pop-up window? Well that's what firefox is blocking, that's why it says that it has blocked a popup window Very Happy

hahha
Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts]  
 Forum index » Taking the Puppy out for a walk » Misc
Jump to: