How do I tell what is on my CD/DVD - SOLVED

Booting, installing, newbie
Scoticus

How do I tell what is on my CD/DVD - SOLVED

#1 Post by Scoticus »

I have been having great fun :( burning coasters and wonder how I may check which disk is blank and which contains info. I can I suppose go over to the enemy and use my computer and the drive letter to see what is there. What is the equivalent in Puppy ?

Ian
Last edited by Scoticus on Tue 06 Mar 2007, 21:00, edited 1 time in total.
[b]Puppy 4.0[/b]; AMD Athlon X2 4400 Processor; 2048MB DDR2 Memory; 320GB HD; nVidia 6100 Graphics; 16x Dual Layer DVD burner; Philips 190X5 monitor,Epson Stylus Photo R265 printer. Logitech LX 710 cordless keyb & mouse

trapster

#2 Post by trapster »

Load the disc and try mut or pmount. You'll have to mount the drive before puppy sees it.
trapster
Maine, USA

Asus eeepc 1005HA PU1X-BK
Frugal install: Slacko
Currently using full install: DebianDog

Scoticus

How do I tell what is on my CD/DVD

#3 Post by Scoticus »

Many thanks trapster.

You had me worried there ! Between you asking me to mount the drive and someone earlier looking for steaming videos.

I am much relieved to say that I found pmount and that the forum in not sinking into the depth of depravity.

That saves me a lot of messing about and makes life easy.

Once again thanks

Ian

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#4 Post by Flash »

Did you find any of those steaming videos? :lol:

Scoticus

How do I tell what is on my CD/DVD

#5 Post by Scoticus »

Flash

I am not saying as everyone would want one. Anyway both you and WhoDo as pillars of the community should know better than to incite the populace. (see Hello all. new to Linux but liking it alot.)

Ian

Bruce B

#6 Post by Bruce B »

I think the easiest way to check a lot of cd discs is with Rox the file manager.

Click on /mnt/cdrom, the mounting, unmounting, viewing and ejecting options are built into Rox.

-------------

However, in order for it to work, you will (probably) need to add the following line to /etc/fstab

/dev/hd?* /mnt/cdrom iso9660 noauto,ro

OR

/dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom iso9660 noauto,ro

* where ?* is the actual Linux letter of your cd drive, I don't know what it is.

If you don't know the letter then run probedisk at the command prompt, and it will show you.