HP Deskjet D1320

Problems and successes with specific brands/models of printers
bobn9lvu

#16 Post by bobn9lvu »

Fiberflinger wrote:I finally got cups downloaded but still have not been able to have theprinter recognized. Anyone there?

FF
Go here, there are links to add the driver for your printer to cups;
http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=251334
You can also try under generic the pcl selection, your printer should support
it.

Bob 8)

Fiberflinger

#17 Post by Fiberflinger »

OK, this is freaking me out. I have downloaded all kinds of J**K and nothing seems to work. I am not even sure if cups is running right . It keeps asking me the same stupid questions, does not have the things I down loaded and still has only the limited drivers it had. The file system looks bloated with all kinds of stuff that I have no idea what it means or what it is.

aaaaaaaah

Fiberflinger

Can We start over?

#18 Post by Fiberflinger »

I have in /root/.packages/hplip-1.7.2/directory and in /usr/share/aplications hplip-1.7.2 .... I down loaded several ppd's, , , , don't know know what that is or where they are supposed to go. . Copied them into several places just to make sure. The "usb USBview information" tells me there is a printer on the usb device. I don't know what is up with cups tho. It doesn't do anything for me, neither does the install wizard. Neither of them says "hey lookie here". . . . Just the sameole sameole that was there before I downloaded everything everyone told me to do. I got a lot of suggestions, but I have never been much of an eggspert, but eventually I get thing working and don't even know why. Maybe I clogged the programing up? maybe I am not doing something right? maybe maybe maybe? Everything in Puppy has worked really well, but I need the printer in order to do my work.

Feedback?

boggtj01

HP D1320

#19 Post by boggtj01 »

I just installed Ubuntu on to my laptop....I know nothing of the codes spoken about previously so none of that really helped me out....

I have attempted to install HPLIP however it won't run it for some reason:
Could not open the file /home/tboggs/Desktop/hplip-2.7.9.run.
then it says something about binary...not a clue

Basically, I need to know how to fix it so I can use my HP D1320...All help is appreciated...

muggins

#20 Post by muggins »

boggtj01,

i'm not sure if i'm understanding you correctly. are you saying that you've installed ubuntu, but the puppy hplip package here:

http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 47&t=20495

doesn't work?

wouldn't ubuntu have a hplip package?

boggtj01

#21 Post by boggtj01 »

Sorry, the installed hplip does work I was attempting to upgrade it and that wouldn't work. But the current hplip doesn't have the correct driver for the HP d1320.

alert_665

HP Deskjet D1320

#22 Post by alert_665 »

puppy 5.2.8 lucid

1) install ubuntu-lucid-main
package manager repo

quickpet(icon desktop)-> morepets-> update PPM
reboot

2) packet manager
install hpijs_3.10.2
with all dependencys
one missing should be makedev