puppy 2.15 ce viz & gaim troubles ...?

A home for all kinds of Puppy related projects
mchasard

puppy 2.15 ce viz & gaim troubles ...?

#1 Post by mchasard »

i like very much this puppy complete project cause it include much more than puppy normal ...i like also puppy installer soft ...to get some other soft ...and use it ...
but i have some troubles with gaim ( or gaim2) i can't reach msn protocol and also when i try to use jabber it crash allways ...i can't use it for jabber ...the other protocol seems to work ...
very strange ... otherwise i know that its only beta1 but could you confirm me that it doesn't work by you also ...

thanks in advance ...

Pizzasgood

#2 Post by Pizzasgood »

Gaim uses some of the Seamonkey libraries, but WhoDo removed Seamonkey. Gxine also has that problem. That's actually one of the first things I noticed when I tested it (you learn what mistakes to expect when you've made them yourself).

Should be sorted in the next version.
[size=75]Between depriving a man of one hour from his life and depriving him of his life there exists only a difference of degree. --Muad'Dib[/size]
[img]http://www.browserloadofcoolness.com/sig.png[/img]

WhoDo

#3 Post by WhoDo »

Pizzasgood wrote:Should be sorted in the next version.
In the meantime theres a dotpup patch available HERE. I don't guarantee it will fix the original problem, but it can't hurt either.
[i]Actions speak louder than words ... and they usually work when words don't![/i]
SIP:whodo@proxy01.sipphone.com; whodo@realsip.com

iscraigh

#4 Post by iscraigh »

If that doesn't fix gaim I have a dotpup from Todd Richardson that worked in pizzapup for me. I have know where to post it but if you pm me I will email it to you.

Craig