Rock Ridge Signatures found

Discuss anything specific to using Puppy on a multi-session disk
ColonChris

Rock Ridge Signatures found

#1 Post by ColonChris »

Hi,
I just found PuppyLinux on the internet, tried it out and was amazed of the speed and the ability to save changed right to the live cd/dvd. I followed the manual to create the live dvd under a running PuppyLinux and it didn't work, no error message, the program just took 1 second to do nothing at all and said it would be finished. Then I tried using growisofs with the commands and it worked.

But the problem is, when I shut down PuppyLinux and tell it to save the session to the DVD, it tells me this:

"Rock Ridge Signatures found"

and also

"It is time to start a new DVD...".

I tried burning PuppyLinux with Ubuntu onto another DVD but I got the same results. Rock Ridge Signatures found. And I followed the instructions and did everything.

Any idead why I get this error message?

Thnx in advance for your help.

Update:
I tried it with a CD instead of a DVD and that worked.

Some additional info:

Puppy Linux: puppy-2.13-seamonkey-fulldrivers.iso

DVD Burner: HL-DT-ST_DVDRAM_GSA-4167B

BarryK
Puppy Master

#2 Post by BarryK »

I just found PuppyLinux on the internet, tried it out and was amazed of the speed and the ability to save changed right to the live cd/dvd. I followed the manual to create the live dvd under a running PuppyLinux and it didn't work, no error message, the program just took 1 second to do nothing at all and said it would be finished. Then I tried using growisofs with the commands and it worked.

...er, what "program" is that?

ColonChris

#3 Post by ColonChris »

BarryK wrote: ...er, what "program" is that?
Burniso2cd

ColonChris

#4 Post by ColonChris »

I do know now why the burn2isofs program doesn't work. It's because it tries to set the speed of my dvd burner to 4 but that raise an error message.

Is there some way that I can change this, so that burn2isofs just omits setting the speed? And also to change this in whatever program is used to burn a session to the multisession dvd? It should work then.

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#5 Post by Flash »

ColonChris (if you're still around :) ),

If you are using Puppy 2.14, you can try burning the Puppy iso to CD or DVD with Grafburn instead of burniso2cd. Grafburn allows you to set the burning speed. I haven't used Grafburn so I don't know if it will burn a multisession CD or DVD.

Or you could burn the multisession CD or DVD on a different machine, that has a burner capable of 4x.

You could try using 2x disks. That should force burning at less than 2x. I sometimes use DVD-RW that are only 2.4x. When I save a session to one, speeds of less than 2x are often reported.