Multi-session live - Sucess at last

Discuss anything specific to using Puppy on a multi-session disk
Scoticus

Multi-session live - Sucess at last

#1 Post by Scoticus »

Many of you will have read of the problems I have been experiencing in attempting to set up a multi-session disk and are no doubt bored almost to death with the saga. Determined to get things to work I followed the suggestion that DVD+RW was the best option and bought Philips disks which worked for me.

Working within Puppy I used a known working CD and then I stripped everything out of save files and re-started from pfix=ram. having navigated the opening sequence and established internet connection went to puppylinux.com and Downloaded Barry's 2.14 version and after using burn2cd and verifying burn selected menu > shutdown > reboot computer.

This time was offered save to DVD option and accepted this. Rebooted system and this time a Save to CD option icon appeared on the desktop.

Changed things around some more and rebooted again save to DVD was offered and accepted. Have now chopped and changed things a few times it is working a treat.

Looks very much like to set up a multisession one must start on an empty page so to speak.

I hope that this may assist others avoid all the frustrations that I experienced.

My sincere thanks goes out to everyone who offered their assistance

Ian

PS do I hear a great sigh of relief from all concerned ?