Puppy 2.15CE RC3 Clean Up

A home for all kinds of Puppy related projects
WhoDo

#46 Post by WhoDo »

richard.a wrote:Just wondering what the situation is on the "missing" resolution change button on the XOrg configuring panel that you were going to look into?
Had a meeting on #irc last night, but didn't get any devs so no-one knew why it wasn't there or what happened to it. It might be worth posting on the dev forum in case it can be reinstated for 2.16

Only other suggestion would be to try copying the last known version of that wizard into your latest Puppy. Remember to backup the old script first, so you can change back if there's a problem.

Cheers
[i]Actions speak louder than words ... and they usually work when words don't![/i]
SIP:whodo@proxy01.sipphone.com; whodo@realsip.com

WhoDo

#47 Post by WhoDo »

richard.a wrote:The default icon spacing...
RightClickDesktopIcons > ROX-Filer > Options > PinboardBehaviour > IconGridStep
might be a lot better for new users if changed from Coarse to Medium.
A little difficult to do as it involves keeping Rox's personal settings (I think). I'll have a look and see if I can find the default Rox configuration files.

Cheers
[i]Actions speak louder than words ... and they usually work when words don't![/i]

Pizzasgood

#48 Post by Pizzasgood »

In /root/Choices/ROX-Filer/Options, find this line:
<Option name="pinboard_grid_step">XX</Option>

Changing the XX will alter the resolution of icon setting (I think). 16 should correspond to "medium". Otherwise, just configure ROX with the gui, then copy that options file into the package. Just make sure it's exactly as you want the one in the iso to be.
[size=75]Between depriving a man of one hour from his life and depriving him of his life there exists only a difference of degree. --Muad'Dib[/size]
[img]http://www.browserloadofcoolness.com/sig.png[/img]

WhoDo

#49 Post by WhoDo »

Pizzasgood wrote:In /root/Choices/ROX-Filer/Options, find this line:
<Option name="pinboard_grid_step">XX</Option>

Changing the XX will alter the resolution of icon setting (I think). 16 should correspond to "medium".
Thanks, PG. :wink:

Dante123

Flash and Opera under 2.15 RC3

#50 Post by Dante123 »

If Flash 9 is part of the sfs file that has other web stuff......and I have installed Opera 9.10....but Flash doesn't work. What do I need to do to get it working? (Flash works fine under Firefox on the same machine with RC3)

BTW, the earlier reference to the flashforopera.pup file didn't work for me. Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

WhoDo

Re: Flash and Opera under 2.15 RC3

#51 Post by WhoDo »

Dante123 wrote:If Flash 9 is part of the sfs file that has other web stuff......and I have installed Opera 9.10....but Flash doesn't work. What do I need to do to get it working? (Flash works fine under Firefox on the same machine with RC3)
Flash 9 is NOT supported in Opera 9.10 ... sorry.

You can use the flash library files from /root/.mozilla/plugins in Opera 9.10, IF they are Flash 7. That definitely works. Just put them in the Opera plugins directory. I've tried doing that with Flash 9 but couldn't get it to run. You can try again if you like, assuming the problem was specific to my installation.

Best test of Flash in Opera (or anything else) is www.disneyworld.com - they have a flash intro with music that just won't run unless you have Flash 9, and it tells you so.

Hope that helps.

Rudy

Everything Works

#52 Post by Rudy »

WhoDo,

Everything works in 215 CE Final, just as you said.

Thank you very much again for your patience and excellent work!

Rudy

WhoDo

Re: Everything Works

#53 Post by WhoDo »

Rudy wrote:WhoDo,

Everything works in 215 CE Final, just as you said.

Thank you very much again for your patience and excellent work!

Rudy
You're welcome, Rudy, but there were more people than just me involved in the final 2.15CE product: NathanF, Pizzasgood, Tronkel, PkaG, Lobster, puppyfan12, headfound, richard.a and many others. I accept your thanks on their behalf too! 8)

Cheers