Puppy for a VIA EPIA Multi-Media Linux Machine?

A home for all kinds of Puppy related projects
tempestuous

#16 Post by tempestuous »

If you don't have nVidia/i810/Unichrome graphics then it doesn't matter which version you use.
Apart from the xvmc feature, the 2 dotpups are identical.

lvds

#17 Post by lvds »

Hi,

thanks, i now have mplayer running fine BUT i still complains at reading DVD. I use mplayer 1.0rc1, using Xorg with mplayer setup on xv mode. It detects the DVD fine and even display the chapters. But it does not play the dvd and the console contains an error saying it cannot use/find libdvdread.

Are there additional packages i need to install after mplayer so to be able to read DVD or is it a problem with my dvd/cd drive ? It works well with windows, but perhaps puppy needs other libraries to run the dvd drive ?

Best regards,
Laurent.

tempestuous

#18 Post by tempestuous »

lvds wrote:the console contains an error saying it cannot use/find libdvdread.
Which version of Puppy are you using? Perhaps a customised version?
libdvdread is contained in all "standard" versions of Puppy.
The MPlayer-1.0rc1 dotpup was compiled under Puppy 2.12. It should be compatible with all Puppy versions since Puppy v2.10, which is when most libraries were updated.

lvds

#19 Post by lvds »

Hi,

i am building a puppy linux from litepup2.14 and i don't know which package to add to have a full dvd reading mplayer. Do you know what i need to add ?

Best regards,
Laurent.

tempestuous

#20 Post by tempestuous »

You could normally get those library files from Barry's "petget" (unleashed) collection, but ibiblio is down at the moment, so the easy way is to boot into a recent version of Puppy, and copy over from /usr/lib all files starting with "libdvd..."
There are 3 files, plus 3 symlinks.