Problems with puppy 214 and Firefox/SeaMonkey ( Solved )

Booting, installing, newbie
kent41

Problems with puppy 214 and Firefox/SeaMonkey ( Solved )

#1 Post by kent41 »

When I remove Java (jre1.5.0_08.pup and firefox (firefox-2.0.0.3.pup) Seamonkey works ok.
Is there an interaction between java and Firefox/SeaMonkey?

How do I fix this?

Thanks

NOTE: I have to uncheck the java enable box to get SeaMonkey to work properly.
UPDATE: If I disable java scripts but leave java enabled in Firefox it seem to work ok.
Last edited by kent41 on Tue 03 Apr 2007, 02:30, edited 1 time in total.
[size=75][color=darkred]Toshiba M35X S-111 - Aspire 5100-3357 using puppy 2.12 - 2.13 - 2.14 - 4.3.1 -
Bootable CD and no hard drive[/color][/size]
Acer Aspire 1 netbook using thumbdrive or CD

Bruce B

#2 Post by Bruce B »

As a dedicated SeaMonkey user, I think SeaMonkey crashes too often with JavaScript enabled. It mostly happens when clicking on a link.

I think installing the NoScript extension can help if used properly. My opinion is there is a problem with SeaMonkey.

Not that this helps, just wanted to say I've got similar problems.

kent41

#3 Post by kent41 »

Bruce B wrote:As a dedicated SeaMonkey user, I think SeaMonkey crashes too often with JavaScript enabled. It mostly happens when clicking on a link.

I think installing the NoScript extension can help if used properly. My opinion is there is a problem with SeaMonkey.

Not that this helps, just wanted to say I've got similar problems.
Bruce B

After disabling java script in Firefox it seems to work now. However their must be some interaction between FF and SeaMonkey because with java disabled in Seamonkey but having FF java script enabled SeaMonkey would not work.
Thanks for the comments
Kent
[size=75][color=darkred]Toshiba M35X S-111 - Aspire 5100-3357 using puppy 2.12 - 2.13 - 2.14 - 4.3.1 -
Bootable CD and no hard drive[/color][/size]
Acer Aspire 1 netbook using thumbdrive or CD