Error: "Not enough space to unzip" dotPup?

Using applications, configuring, problems
Fiberflinger

Error: "Not enough space to unzip" dotPup?

#1 Post by Fiberflinger »

tried tounzip a bug fix and got "file integrity error *.* not enough space to unzip" 3.5G's not enough? or something else? Did the same thing on Open office too.

FF

bostonvaulter

#2 Post by bostonvaulter »

it could very possibly be a corrupted download. Try downloading it with wget. wget http://www.files.blah.pup

then you can install it by clicking it in Rox, or if you only want to unzip it you can do unzip greatNewProgram.pup

Jason

[edit] and 3.5GB should be Plenty[/edit]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v212/BostonVaulter/avatar/puppybar.png[/img]

sunburnt

#3 Post by sunburnt »

If you clicked in the ROX filer & it started Puppy's Archiver app., I've gotten the same.
I've use .tar.gz files I knew were good & Archiver said that they were bad.
Then right after that I untarred & ungzippped the file no problem.

You will want to run Xterm & do this:

gunzip (name of ".tar.gz" file)
tar -xf (name of ".tar" file)

This should extract the file for you.

GuestToo
Puppy Master

#4 Post by GuestToo »

if you used the downloader program to download a dotpup file, if the was no file at the download site, the program will pass an empty file to the dotpup program, which will report that the file is corrupted ... which it is

i modfied the dotpup program to report that the file is an empty file ... that version is installed by my SP214 service pack

i put that error message in the program, because it is possible to have a good dotpup file but it will not unzip properly if there is not enough space ... another reason the file might not unzip properly is if the file is corrupted