Broadcom BCM43xx Wifi and 215CE

Using applications, configuring, problems
scotto_puppy

Broadcom BCM43xx Wifi and 215CE

#1 Post by scotto_puppy »

I was so looking forward to having this continuing problem fixed in 215 - but no such luck. I use the ndiswrapper and my own driver as I have found this works really well for me. The wireless is detected and I am on the net (after having first unloaded the BCM43xx driver.
When I reboot, after having saved all my settings, I have to go through the whole procedure again. The BCM driver reappears and I have to again remove it, then unload the ndiswrapper and reload.
Puppt 213 has no such problem. But it also has no option to enable wireless security. So I continue to use 213, risking the lack of security in the router.
Your suggestions are most welcome.

WhoDo

Re: Broadcom BCM43xx Wifi and 215CE

#2 Post by WhoDo »

scotto_puppy wrote:I was so looking forward to having this continuing problem fixed in 215 - but no such luck. I use the ndiswrapper and my own driver as I have found this works really well for me. The wireless is detected and I am on the net (after having first unloaded the BCM43xx driver.
When I reboot, after having saved all my settings, I have to go through the whole procedure again.
Navigate to /etc/rc.d and rename rc.network to rc.network.old - then rename rc.network.alt2 to rc.network. Reboot and redetect your network connection and see if the problem is resolved.

I disabled a more up-to-date rc.network script when I was having all sorts of problems with scripts during the RC phase of the project. I believe the .alt2 script is the newest and therefore the most likely to resolve your problem. If not, then you've lost nothing. Let's know how you go.

Cheers

UPDATE: I just retested the newer script myself, and it refuses to save settings. Please check the edit date of your script and I'll see if it's the same one.
Last edited by WhoDo on Mon 09 Apr 2007, 10:47, edited 1 time in total.
[i]Actions speak louder than words ... and they usually work when words don't![/i]
SIP:whodo@proxy01.sipphone.com; whodo@realsip.com

jonyo

#3 Post by jonyo »

My BCM was working on earlier pups A-1. Although 2.15 loads it auto on boot now, can't get a connection.

I was able to use wep 64 hex with 2.12-3 &4.
scotto_puppy wrote:I was so looking forward to having this continuing problem fixed in 215 - but no such luck. I use the ndiswrapper and my own driver as I have found this works really well for me. The wireless is detected and I am on the net (after having first unloaded the BCM43xx driver.
When I reboot, after having saved all my settings, I have to go through the whole procedure again. The BCM driver reappears and I have to again remove it, then unload the ndiswrapper and reload.
Puppt 213 has no such problem. But it also has no option to enable wireless security. So I continue to use 213, risking the lack of security in the router.
Your suggestions are most welcome.

tempestuous

#4 Post by tempestuous »

scotto_puppy wrote:The BCM driver reappears and I have to again remove it
It would be more straightforward to use the the bcm43xx driver ... but you must first add the necessary firmware -
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=15573

Quite a few forum members are using the bcm43xx driver successfully with their Broadcom wifi adaptors.