Need step-by-step guide for installing to IDE/CF

Booting, installing, newbie
Forthy

Need step-by-step guide for installing to IDE/CF

#1 Post by Forthy »

Heya,

Can anybody point me int he direction of a step by step guide for installing puppy on a compact flash card that will be held in an IDE caddy on a dedicated macine?

I've tried running the "hard disk install" script (as the CF card is seen as a HDD when attached in this manner) but the hard disk script clearly populates far more space than the live-CD files as I run out of space on my 128Mb card in seconds!

I've also tried copying the contents of the CD over on to the card, but can't get the damn thing to be bootable!

Is there a CF/IDE script somewhere I can run? Or am I missing something blatently simple?
puppy n00b

BarryK
Puppy Master

#2 Post by BarryK »

Have you read the HOWTO on this topic posted (surprise, surprise), in the HOWTO section of this forum?

Forthy

#3 Post by Forthy »

The only "How to" I could find on this subject was hardly a step by step guide for the linux newbie. In fact, it talks about how somebody else has done it without going in to any detalil as to how they did it, and then shows how you could make it more efficient by modifying lines of code. This is only helpful if you were able to do it in the first place.

Perhaps I am looking at the wrong one? Perhaps that was why I started this thread asking for a link to one? I wonder.
puppy n00b