BarryK does Perth

Puppy related raves and general interest that doesn't fit anywhere else
Stokey

BarryK does Perth

#1 Post by Stokey »

Yep Barry I live in Perth in Kingsley to be exact (North of the river}

One of my daughters lives in Mt. Pleasant (South of the river} the posh side of the river so she keeps on telling me

I don't how often you venture down to the big city but one time we must meet up for a chinwag on how to change the world and such things

I have a couple of PC's at home (ADSL enabled) which you are welcome to use when in Perth if you need to upload large files etc

Maybe leave a post on the Forum when you intend coming down again and we can arrange something if you are not to busy that is

I read that you used to lecture at TAFE, Curtin and ECU amongst other interests

From 1975 to 1993 I worked at the Tertiary Institutions Service Centre
Tisc ran the year12 Tertiary Entrance Examinations as well as all the Applications, Offering, and Enrolements for admission to Curtin, Murdoch, UWA and ECU Universities some job I might say

I retired in 1993, working on behalf of one University would be not to bad but working 18 years on behalf of four Universities you can imagine the politics involved enough to drive anybody to drink

Anyway Barry maybe catch up with you one day..........Stokey
Elvis Lives, three-dimensional

BarryK
Puppy Master

#2 Post by BarryK »

Ha ha, yes, I have a few memories about the politics too!

I'll catch up with you sometime.
My daughter might be leaving Perth at year-end, so may have to go elsewhere for adsl.
She's at Edgewater.
I've got a sister who is posh too, a nice place in South Perth.

Stokey

Telstra

#3 Post by Stokey »

Barry
I was just browsing through the Telstra ADSL Exchange Registration web page
I noticed nobody from the Perenjori area has registered any interest in having the Perenjori Exchange ADSL enabled
I would think a few people at least would be interested I know you are to far out of town even if the Exchange was enabled to get ADSL but at least if it was enabled there would be the oportunity to use some mates ADSL link in an emergency

Maybe the Exchange is to old to be converted I don't know

I thought with your "Celebrated" status up there you would have some clout with Telstra !

Perhaps Perenjori may get a tiny bit of the Testra 3 billion dollar slush fund
Elvis Lives, three-dimensional