Can I Config Media Utility Tool for utf8 charset?

Using applications, configuring, problems
sccat

Can I Config Media Utility Tool for utf8 charset?

#1 Post by sccat »

I want to add "iocharset=utf8" when I mount the driver.

#2 Post by Guest »

You would have to edit the code to include that option in the mount command of an nt file system when it is identified.

Jesse would be the person to talk to about this as he is the author of MUT.

Jesse

#3 Post by Jesse »

Hi,

Just so I understand what you are after, you want to see foreign language characters in file names?
If you name a file by typing in its file name, how do you go about entering the filename characters ?

Jesse

sccat

#4 Post by sccat »

I didn't enter the character in Puppy.

First,I want to read the name of the file,which have been entered in Other OS.

Then,I want to find a solution to enter the character.

Thanks.

rarsa

#5 Post by rarsa »

I've had problems before in other distros with file names containing accents and such.

When working on the command line if you want to rename, move, copy, open, etc the file, you have to put a -- (double dash) after the command for it to ignore "special characters", This means that you cannot use wild cards or escape characters as part of the parameters as they will be interpreted literally. E.g. If you have a file called "my*file.txt" you can rename it to make it easy to work with it with the following command

Code: Select all

mv -- my*file.txt my-file.txt
In this case as the command has the -- (double dash) it won't interpret the * as a wildcard but as an asterisc, same for accents, and other characters foreign to the english alphabet.